New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any comments on the lynx? (the latest one)
    maintenance, performance, comfort...any comments greatly appreciated.

we might be getting the Ghia model (MT or AT) depende sa budget :D

one last thing, would any of you know kung kelan maglalabas ang ford ng bagong lynx (if ever)?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my mom bought her lynx ghia a/t last august. so far, so good. i test drove the lynx and it had good engine response with adequate acceleration capabilities. steering accuracy is also acceptable. it has all the amenities one would look for such as leather seats, power everything, moon/sun roof, good sound system - for a price cheaper than its 1.6 liter competitors.

my only criticism is the soft suspension system (i prefer something firmer like the euro cars), and paltry insulation system. both these inadequacies can be rectified though by replacing the shocks with firmer damping rates (koni, bilstein, h&r, sachs, etc.) and installing aftermarket sound insulation materials.

since my mom is not finicky about her ride unlike me, the lynx just suits her perfectly. :D

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i noticed last sunday that my friend's 2002 lynx a/t already has small rust spots forming on the underside of the trunk lid where the weld spots are. not a good sign for me! :? my other friend's 96 elantra still has no noticeable rust forming!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    baka ndi siya nagpa rustproofing? or bka ndi maayos... anyways gusto ko sa new lynx ay ang porma niya + the moonroof and the works..., sobrang layo ito sa lumang lynx, pero i wonder.... bkit parang mdyo konti lang ang ang llynx sa kalsada...unlike the new toyota altis and civic.sobra dami.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Siguro yung pangalan pa rin umiiral sa market, though ang Lynx has gone a long way since it was first released.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the reply guys!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nakuha ko ford lynx ghia a/t ko last december at very satisfied naman ako sa performance nya. gas consumption is 8.5 - 9km/liter (combined city and hi-way). ang ayoko lang sa kanya, yun insulation at suspension. pre, pag di naka-on radio mo dinig mo talaga ang ingay sa labas kaya ang ginagawa ko nilalakasan ko na lang ng konti ang volume ganda naman ang sound system nya e. yun suspension namana medyo may katigasan. dadag pa sa ingay yun stock tires nya (goodyear 'ata yun) kaya yun akin pinapalitan ko na ng dunlop lm702, nabawasan yun ingay nya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    salamat prinispe....

i understand the tire thing....ganun din ginawa namin sa civic namin e. laki din ng difference...

may remedy pa kaya yung sa sound insulation? aside dun sa radio thing ni prinsipe :lol:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check out the thread on sound deadening and insulation started by roydok.

you can install sound deadening materials and then put on a sound foam. materials by "Dynamat" and "Wurth" are excellent. I installed wurth (sound deadening material and foam) in my pajero recently.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had the chance to check out a lynx in a ford showroom some time ago (no test drive though)... the interior was pretty good especially with the tan leather. the space at the back was a bit better than in a civic or altis i recall. the driving position was fine, and the feel of the clutch and shifter wasn't bad at all too. the moonroof is a nice novelty

the trunk and doors slammed with a good solid thud too i remember...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Ford Lynx [Merged]