New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'm deciding between just the Vios 1.3E and the City 1.3S MT but this Ford offer is quite tempting. FOr starters you get a bigger car, then you also get a bigger 1.6 engine, parking sensors, 4 wheel disc brakes, car alarm, roadside assistance, etc...

It seems to be a MUCH better value than either the Vios or City but what's the catch? Should I go for it?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Is this from their Php 99,000 deal? My point of view, go for it! But remember you need to test drive first and get the feel of the car. That is the most important of all. Check also the financing scheme. Also, you're looking at a 1.6 in comparision with 1.3. It's going to consume a liitle more gas.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT: Ayan na nagdidispose na ang Ford ng Lynx nila to give way to Focus. =P

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Last I checked the prices for a brand new lower end Lynxs are:
    Gsi AT PhP 685,000
    Gsi MT PhP 650,000
    Lsi MT 1.3 PhP 535,000

If you can the GSI Mt for 575K then why not? As you said, it offers a much better value than the Vios or City. The catch? With the Focus launch recently, expect Ford to slowly par down the Lynx as it reaches its end-of-life-cycle.

Bottomline is if you are more concern about practicality, utility, and bang-for-the-buck-results then, its best to get the Lynx GSI. Also keep in mind the resale value of Fords compared to Japanese brands, that's all

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    get the GSI if u plan to use it till destruction, it will serve u well..unless if u plan to sell it after a few years then lugi ka

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Gsi AT PhP 685,000
    Gsi MT PhP 650,000
    Lsi MT 1.3 PhP 535,000

If you can the GSI Mt for 575K then why not? As you said, it offers a much better value than the Vios or City. The catch? With the Focus launch recently, expect Ford to slowly par down the Lynx as it reaches its end-of-life-cycle.

Bottomline is if you are more concern about practicality, utility, and bang-for-the-buck-results then, its best to get the Lynx GSI. Also keep in mind the resale value of Fords compared to Japanese brands, that's all
    ford will not EOL the Lynx 1.6 market only the 2.0 RS to give way the 1.8 & 2.0 Focus.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Gsi AT PhP 685,000
    Gsi MT PhP 650,000
    Lsi MT 1.3 PhP 535,000

I called a Ford dealer today and they said they have a 75k discount on the GSi.

As for the 1.3 LSi they said that it isn't available anymore for 2 years already... I wonder if this is true. I'm actually more interested in the 1.3LSi because of the smaller (more economical?) engine...

Also, resale value isn't an issue for me since I plan to use the car for 8 years, that's only about 80,000kms with the kind of driving that I do.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    go for it! lamang lahat ang ford lynx sa criteria eh..hehe medyo talo ka lang sa gas consumption...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    I called a Ford dealer today and they said they have a 75k discount on the GSi.

As for the 1.3 LSi they said that it isn't available anymore for 2 years already... I wonder if this is true. I'm actually more interested in the 1.3LSi because of the smaller (more economical?) engine...

Also, resale value isn't an issue for me since I plan to use the car for 8 years, that's only about 80,000kms with the kind of driving that I do.
    sabi nung friend ko pinakyaw daw ng Unilab for their medreps un LSi, parang 5 hundred units ata ang hinahabol nila.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    btw, get the GSi kung hindi issue ang gas consumption sa'yo dahil mura na talaga yan sa 575k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Lynx GSi for only 575,000 ...