New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi mga Sirs,
    Ask ko lng sana muna kung ano yung pinagkaiba ng ford lynx sa mismong ford lynx ghia at ano b yung lamang/ advantage ng "top of the line" ng lynx ghia.

The reason I am asking this is because I am planning to buy a 2nd hand car para sana service ln ng family ko pauwi-uwi sa probinsya.Now medyo confuse ako kung ano b yung difference nito?
    one reason that attracts me is the cheap price of the unit and loaded features of it based sa nakikita ko sa ayosdito.ph.
    may nagsabi nmn din sa akin na mas okay ang maintenance nito.
    I am deciding to get civic, cguro khit mga 96 or 67 model matino p nmn cguro eto.
    By the way, I am eyeing for an A/T.

Baka yung mga matatagal nmn dito eh pweden mag share about your experiences or ideas?
    eto mga considerations ko before buying:
    BUDGET: At least 200K below top 250K pinaka max ko, walang pera eh.
    Maintenance: mura ang maintenance
    LOOK basta may porma khit paano
    Fuel, syempre dapat matipid.

Sa ganitong mga considerations po, ano po ang inyong pwedeng mai-suggest?

Salamat po ng marami....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbalneg View Post
    Hi mga Sirs,
    Ask ko lng sana muna kung ano yung pinagkaiba ng ford lynx sa mismong ford lynx ghia at ano b yung lamang/ advantage ng "top of the line" ng lynx ghia.
    The Lynx Ghia has dual airbags, ABS+EBD, 6 CD in-dash changer, fog lights, extra chrome trim and 15 inch alloys.
    Earlier Ghia models had standard leather seats and a moonroof, in newer model introduced in 2002, Leather Trim and the Power Moonroof became a factory option for the Ghia model.

PS: niky might be able to share more info about the Lynx.
    Last edited by AG4; October 19th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ATs are guzzlers. I'd go for a later model MT.

Not a perfect car, but drives better than most, is fully loaded and has good interior space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ATs are guzzlers. I'd go for a later model MT.

Not a perfect car, but drives better than most, is fully loaded and has good interior space.
    Hi,

But which on would you recommend? a honda civic og 96/97 model or this ghia Model?

Please advise.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

But which on would you recommend? a honda civic og 96/97 model or this ghia Model?

Please advise.

Thanks!
    If it was between the two, i'd go for the newer Lynx Ghia MT.
    Aside from being newer the Lynx Ghia is also a safer car since it has standard Dual-Airbags, ABS+EBD and 4-wheel disc brakes, it also has practical features like a 60:40 split folding rear seat.

I also heard that the suspension assembly of these old Civics are more expensive to repair (well at least it used to be).
    Last edited by AG4; October 22nd, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Go for a late model Ghia MT as Niky suggested...

Dare I say, it is better than the Civic (Yes! fanboy ;) ) esp of 96/97 era.

The Ghia is safer, has more features, drives as great and of course, newer.

Spare parts also come in handy in Banawe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    If it was between the two, i'd go for the newer Lynx Ghia MT.
    Aside from being newer the Lynx Ghia is also a safer car since it has standard Dual-Airbags, ABS+EBD and 4-wheel disc brakes, it also has practical features like a 60:40 split folding rear seat.

I also heard that the suspension assembly of these old Civics are more expensive to repair (well at least it used to be).
    Alright then, the decision has been made, I'd go for the Ghia But since I had a stroke two years ago and the left side of my body got affected by it, I'd go for the A/T. I bet this will be a good option as well, ain't it?
    Thanks everyone for the quick response, I did appreciate it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Alright then, the decision has been made, I'd go for the Ghia But since I had a stroke two years ago and the left side of my body got affected by it, I'd go for the A/T. I bet this will be a good option as well, ain't it?
    Thanks everyone for the quick response, I did appreciate it.
    You'll have the same features, but of course being a 4-speed A/T, expect it to consume more gasoline.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    You'll have the same features, but of course being a 4-speed A/T, expect it to consume more gasoline.
    Definitely right, but since I need to have a service from going from point A to point B, consuming more gasoline compare with M/T is well understood but we desperately need a car.
    that is given for an A/T vehicle.

I have one last question regarding the "top of the line " of "ghia " versus the usual "ford lynx Ghia"?
    Has there any differences between the two? I am actually already eyeing for some posted units online.
    Please advise!

Thanks everyone.

ford lynx ghia vs ford lynx