New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello there fellow Ford vehicle owners,

I have a query po regarding cooling fan of FORD Lynx 2000.

If I switched the aircon on, dapat po ba both cooling fans (cooling fan and aux fan) aandar? or yung isa lang po sa kanila? Hindi po ba sila sabay laging umaandar?

Thanks po and more power...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by essedes21 View Post
    Hello there fellow Ford vehicle owners,

I have a query po regarding cooling fan of FORD Lynx 2000.

If I switched the aircon on, dapat po ba both cooling fans (cooling fan and aux fan) aandar? or yung isa lang po sa kanila? Hindi po ba sila sabay laging umaandar?

Thanks po and more power...
    The left-hand fan (driver's side) goes on according to coolant temperature only. The right-hand fan goes on when the AC turns on or when the load is too great for the main fan. Yes, the AC fan sometimes goes on while the main one stays off. The Lynx's cooling system is efficient enough that sometimes the main fan turns off.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you very much for the info sir.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I have a question though sir, How will i know if the left hand fan is faulty/not working if it's activated via coolant temperature only? If I switched the A/C on, the R/H fan will be the only one working right if the temperature is not hot enough to trigger the L/H fan?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by essedes21 View Post
    I have a question though sir, How will i know if the left hand fan is faulty/not working if it's activated via coolant temperature only? If I switched the A/C on, the R/H fan will be the only one working right if the temperature is not hot enough to trigger the L/H fan?
    You'll have to wait for the car to warm up, unfortunately. It takes a long time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Sir Ask lang po may Ford Lynx ako model 2000 ung Radiator Fan ko ndi nag automatic pinalitan ko na ung Thermo switch ayaw padin pero pag naka Aircon ako umiikot ung isang fan .. ang problema ko po is kapag ndi nag automatic ung Radiator fan ko nasasabugan ako ng Radiator dahil sobrang init .. salamat po sa makakatulong

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    try checking the radiator cap sir. nangyari na rin sakin yan. akala ko sa thermostat may problem. pero nung nagpalit ako ng cap, hindi na umulit.

ford lynx cooling fan