New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    SOS! Help po. I have a problem wid ford lynx 2000 automatic. this is a very long time problem. and worse i haven't found any solutions yet. am from sto.tomas batangas. hope i could found solutions, suggestions, recommendation here.
    the problem is that the car stalls after going out of the garage and been running for 20- 30 mins. oftentimes, when the car goes on a slow speed. no problem when the car runs at fast speed. but when caught in a slow traffic the engine goes off. it doesn't go off readily, so what i do is to pull off from the road when i could feel that it's about to go off. and just let it there at the side of the road for 15 mins. then, when i would start the engine again - it would be ok. then, sometimes the engine would go off again after covering some distance sometimes it won't.
    i've brought it to a mechanic and suggests that it could be sensors but he couldn't exactly pinpoint what sensor is at fault.
    i couldn't bring it to a ford service center because of budget constraints. could anyone give me suggestions on what to do? is there any auto shops (even located in manila is acceptable) where i could bring it that won't charge that much?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i believe cam-shaft sensor yan problema mo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    to properly diagnose the problem it needs scanner to read the codes or display the data involved . you definitely need the casa to handle it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Could also be a failing fuel pump.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's happening in traffic, it's 99.9% sure to be a camshaft position sensor problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may 0.01% pa hindi sure si sir niky :p

ford lynx 2000 automatic stalling problem