New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    with all the money the car owner has..di man lang makabili ng hires videocam..or even film at other external angles..isang interior shot lang..labo men

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    DYNO RACE..

tabingi tumakbo ang GT

kunting kalikot sa video editing...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Hmm...I think I need new glasses because I think that the GT is moving sideways. Given that the speedos are always placed in the dash immediately visible to the driver, therefore the line of vision should be at the front and not the sides. If one watches the video closely, the sidemarkers for the embankments, gutters, sidewalks or whatever is positioned at the front of the camera, therefore the driver. So, if this is the case (which in my poor eyesight it is), could it be safe to assume that the mighty GT is moving sideways?
    The GT's speedometer is located almost in the center of the console. Look up pictures of the dashboard, and you'll see that it's in the right location.

I still don't buy that this was a service road. There are maybe two lanes of oncoming traffic on the other side, and nothing visible beyond that. I find it hard to believe this was accomplished on Manila roads, especially given the complete lack of evidence to support it.

The run looks legit, the location, not so much.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i dont think we said that the GT did that all out run ON a SERVICE ROAD... remember when you asked why there were cars driving the other direction of the GT... those were the cars that were ON the SERVICE ROAD.

i think for a second there i saw what looks to be a white porche before the said GT did the mad drive. is this the motul FORD GT and the porche GT2?

where did the skyline GTR did its 300 kph run again? anyone who remembers?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    i dont think we said that the GT did that all out run ON a SERVICE ROAD... remember when you asked why there were cars driving the other direction of the GT... those were the cars that were ON the SERVICE ROAD.

i think for a second there i saw what looks to be a white porche before the said GT did the mad drive. is this the motul FORD GT and the porche GT2?
    I get it now.

Still, this means the run was done during the day, on a completely empty PI road (he starts from a complete stop). One that is actually smooth enough not to tear apart the tires.

If someone can show me this road, I'll believe it. It seems fairly unlikely that this was done in the Philippines.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yea it still boggles me... i drive the SLEX a lot even the SKYWAY... and i also noticed the at the end of the run he turned right into a secondary road with cars parked... i also noticed in the run there were orange cones (0:12) and he passed a vehicle (too quick to really notice at around 0:27)... altho the thudding sound while he was driving could be an indication of road gaps (normal on PI roads) and he went on vibra mode at the end (also normal on PI roads. lol)

was the video taken from a helmet cam? the angle of the cam its real hard to decypher the location or the road where the car was driving.
    Last edited by GerardTagayty; May 17th, 2007 at 07:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ands View Post
    That is a service road dude!
    even if it is a service road, i dont think it is done in the Philippines. maybe a similar car is in the Philippines but to actually achieve that speed here... well hehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    The GT's speedometer is located almost in the center of the console. Look up pictures of the dashboard, and you'll see that it's in the right location.
    Yes, I know but still the arguable fact remains that the camera shows the black and yellow sidewalls of the street is at the front as the vehicle is moving "forward". If the vehicle is indeed moving forward, then the video clip should have shown mostly the expanse of the road viewable from the position of the camera where the shot was taken. It would show some of the sidewalls on the extreme middle left side but IMO, this is not the case with this video. It still looks like that the car was moving sideways at incredible speeds.

However, there could be an explanation to this: an extreme wide angle lens was used but again, I don't think so because if indeed an extreme wide angle lens was used, then a curvature effect on the black and yellow sidewalls should have been visible.

I found this video at YouTube(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlUVKE-_vo). It increadibly looks nearly the same as the vid that is the topic of this thread.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; May 18th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Studied the video again. Gets ko na. The reason why it looks like the GT is moving sideways is due to the placement of the camera. It is was not placed directly in front of the dash. Instead, it is placed at either collarbone height or chest high of the driver as he/she was sitting, shooting to the right at around a 3-40 degree angle, inclining downward at around 5-7 degrees. This could possibly explain why the car looks like it is moving sideways.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post

I found this video at YouTube(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlUVKE-_vo). It increadibly looks nearly the same as the vid that is the topic of this thread.
    yes it does look exactly the same!!! including the timing and the cones!

altho remember when the GT started moving there was a white porche? could there be two cameras? coz when the GT started moving there was a sentra(im just assuming coz thats what the tail lights look like to me or a lexus LS) or! the run was recorded/videod twice? could the GT have made 2 runs?

oh and just to add... the clear/latter video was uploaded first april 25, 2007 and the video of the said run in the "PI" was uploaded may 3, 2007.
    Last edited by GerardTagayty; May 18th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford GT does 220mph