New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Ang dami palang Ford lovers dito, ah! Hey guys, how about joining FCP? During our last EB, more than 110 members showed up. It was really fun!

BTT: To check if the TDCI is worth it, calculate how long it would take you to recover the price difference between the TDCI and the model you are aiming for.

First, calculate how many kilometers you travel per month.

Second, calculate your fuel consumption using a TDCI. Economy driving, the TDCI goes 24 kms/liter. Normal driving is 21 kms./liter. And if you really trash it, it still goes 17 kms/liter.

This, calculate your fuel consumption using the car you want. The 2.0 liter will normally go 8 kms/liter on city, 10 kms/liter on long trips. The 1.8 will go around 9 kms/liter on city, and 11 kms/liter on long trips. (The Focus is heavier than morst cars in its class because they use a lot of insulation and the panels are generally thicker. That is why it has the doors have that European "thud' when you close them).

Third, calculate the monthly difference in fuel by subtracting the TDCI's fuel consumption from that of the car you want.

Finally, calculate the recovery period by dividing the price difference between the two cars with the monthly savings in fuel.

You will be surprised. Depending on how much you travel, you can actually recover the price difference between 6 to 12 months. From there on, it is pure savings. And to top it, you have a vehicle that can easily hit 240 kph when you need it.
    sir totoo po ba yung 24km/l sa Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi? eh kapag city driving po ano yung regular FC nya? super tipid kung totoo toh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was considering a Focus 1.8 HB Trend for my employee car plan. I'd appreciate it if Focus owners can give an honest opinion on their ride. I like its being guapo over the Mazda 3 HB and having a bigger engine (1.8 vs. 1.6). The only thing I'll probably spend on personally is a bigger set of mags and tires.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tuklot View Post
    sir totoo po ba yung 24km/l sa Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi? eh kapag city driving po ano yung regular FC nya? super tipid kung totoo toh.
    Normal city driving would result to 21 kms per liter. Pag medyo mabigat paa mo, mga 19 kms/liter.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Was considering a Focus 1.8 HB Trend for my employee car plan. I'd appreciate it if Focus owners can give an honest opinion on their ride. I like its being guapo over the Mazda 3 HB and having a bigger engine (1.8 vs. 1.6). The only thing I'll probably spend on personally is a bigger set of mags and tires.
    Visit the Ford Club forum. May isang thread doon where Focus owners talk about the flaws and problems of their car.s You can't find anything more honest than that.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nobody's gotten over 21, yet, on the TDCi, in regular driving.

Absolute worst I've heard of in bumper to bumper is 8.5 km/l. Worst test we've done was 9 km/l, in Divisoria/Recto traffic. If you're driving in regular rush hour, expect 13.5 km/l.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Absolute worst I've heard of in bumper to bumper is 8.5 km/l. Worst test we've done was 9 km/l, in Divisoria/Recto traffic. If you're driving in regular rush hour, expect 13.5 km/l.
    wow is this true? even for Honda Jazz mahihirapan sila ma achieve ang figures na to(pure city driving).....napapaisip tuloy ako..nong sunday kase dinalaw ko ang Subaru sa The Fort, 8kms per liter daw ang 2.0 Forrester nila...

sana mag promo ang Ford hehehehe..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well because its a diesel and all the others are gas so matipid talaga. Pero mahal yang Ford TDCi over a million. Kung gusto nyong tipid at a lower price may I suggest the Hyundai Accent. Its not very elegant and all but if frugality is your concern and you have a budget the Accent is perfect.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well because its a diesel and all the others are gas so matipid talaga. Pero mahal yang Ford TDCi over a million. Kung gusto nyong tipid at a lower price may I suggest the Hyundai Accent. Its not very elegant and all but if frugality is your concern and you have a budget the Accent is perfect.

actually before ko binili ang Mazda 3 ko, isa sa mga choices ko ang accent problem ko lang is walang automatic since hindi ako marunong magmaneho ng manual...so nag mazda 3 ko waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *actor21
    That is what makes it even more fuel efficient being a manual. Automatics are more inefficient especially mga 4 speeds. Pero madali lang naman magaral ng manual, sanayan lang...
    Last edited by tidus1203; February 20th, 2009 at 12:17 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hyundai Accent has nothing much in it.
    Aside from seatbelts, the top P778K model has zero safety features, not even a basic driver's airbag.

About the Focus TDCi Sport with a dual-clutch 6-spped Powershift transmission having a P1M+ price tag (P1.179M to be exact), most of the equivalent 2.0 liter gasoline cars (which are thirstier) also costs P1M+.
    Last edited by AG4; February 20th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well that is the price we pay if you want a lower priced diesels. They have to cut corners here and there. But anyway I always thought airbags were over-rated in the Philippine roads. Kung may airbags nga sana side airbags nalang standard and not front since mas matibay yung front ng car kaysa side... And please ayaw ko na makipagargue regarding that...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
FORD FOCUS? Worth it?