New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To all the TDCi gurus I have a stupid question... My girlfriend's car is due for an oil change...

What type of oil is best for the TDCi's?? Synthetic?? Semisynthetic??? Mineral???

All inuts welcome!!! Thank you!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    To all the TDCi gurus I have a stupid question... My girlfriend's car is due for an oil change...

What type of oil is best for the TDCi's?? Synthetic?? Semisynthetic??? Mineral???

All inuts welcome!!! Thank you!!!!
    Hi,

Use a CI-4, CJ-4 API rated Motor oil. Since its a diesel plus its turbo charged you need maximum protection possible.

Here are few of my recommendations for you:
    Budget Package - prices of these oil range from 197-350 per liter
    1. Delo Gold 15w40 - available at most local auto supply, or caltex station. ranges from 197 to 230 per liter
    2. Delo God Ultra 15w40 - available at most local auto supply, or caltex station. ranges from 197 to 230 per liter
    3. Mobil Delvac MX 15w40 - easily available at any DIY shop in malls. Ace Hardware, Dept Store, hardware section. (239 to 249 per liter, if there is a SMAC sale, less 10% pa)
    4. Top 1 Synthetic Diesel Oil 15w40 - available at local auto supply.
    5. Zic Up - good reviews are all i've heard so far from this oil.
    Mentioned oils above have superb additive package. These offers superior protection to your engine without burning your pocket. bang for the buck oils if you ask me.

600-700 per liter range
    1. Motul CDRI specific 10w40 Motor Oil - 600 per liter at A+
    2. Royal Purple - you cant go wrong with this, except the price is a bit on the steep side. 700+ per liter
    3. Mobil 1 - same as RP. Steep pricing

Last but not the least, make sure you use a good OIL FILTER. Good filtration is the key to extended oil change interval and clean engine internals. The cleaner your oil is the better. Avoid like plague VIC, Fram, OEM. My reco would be Baldwins, Fleetguard, Wix, Donaldson, (good for 10,000KM to 12,000KM)if you cant find any of the mentioned fleet service filter a good over the counter filter would be Bosch. ( good for 5,000KM to 6,000KM)

Possibly, depending on the year of your TDCI Badlwin BT223 / B7491/ can be used.

Ping me if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by bayen; November 22nd, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Use Motul CRDi Specific for that TDCi Focus.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Royal Purple HPS with synerlec technology 560 or 570 pesos per quart and mobil1 Turbo Diesel 5w40 fully synthetic 440 per quart ang bili ko sa makati.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for all the inputs!!!

Now where can I get hold of those Baldwin filters???

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs!!!

Now where can I get hold of those Baldwin filters???
    Volmax in binondo sir

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The Focus 2.0L Tdci engine is specified for 5w30 Acea A1/B1/A5 oil.
    The oil filter is a cartridge type, not spin on. Does Bosch or Baldwin have these?

A friend used Castrol diesel 15w40 oil, the low oil pressure warning light would come on even when hot and with oil at the right level.
    Think it would be better to stay close to a 5w30 or 10w30 synthetic oil with the right Acea rating.
    Not sure if the 2.0L Tdci has a DPF in local models but that's probably why a low ash oil is specified.
    The Ford spec oil mentions low HTHS value (<3.5) also, but this doesn't help an engine with a turbo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    best and cheap dct fluid for focus tdci?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo View Post
    The Focus 2.0L Tdci engine is specified for 5w30 Acea A1/B1/A5 oil.
    The oil filter is a cartridge type, not spin on. Does Bosch or Baldwin have these?

A friend used Castrol diesel 15w40 oil, the low oil pressure warning light would come on even when hot and with oil at the right level.
    Think it would be better to stay close to a 5w30 or 10w30 synthetic oil with the right Acea rating.
    Not sure if the 2.0L Tdci has a DPF in local models but that's probably why a low ash oil is specified.
    The Ford spec oil mentions low HTHS value (<3.5) also, but this doesn't help an engine with a turbo.
    5W30 or better..5W20 is better

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

Ford Focus TDCi motor oil