New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a 2010-2012 ford focus tdci, but I'm worried about its ride height. My family has been using high SUVs here to battle to occasional flood, potholes and whatever is loitering on the road. The only major flood in our area was ondoy and that was an exception.

I was wondering, will I be having any problems with the focus's ride height? Any of you experienced grinding the under chasis or fender when exiting or entering ramps, etc?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jon121 View Post
    I was wondering, will I be having any problems with the focus's ride height? Any of you experienced grinding the under chasis or fender when exiting or entering ramps, etc?
    I don't have a Focus TDCi, but I drive a petrol/gasoline Focus.
    I've only experienced lightly scraping the under while going down the ramp of the steel parking infront of Promenade in Greenhills (first and last time I parked there).
    Then again I've seen a Camry and some other cars scrape too on that same ramp. I think it has more to do with the technique on how you angle the car when going down that ramp.
    Aside from that one incident, never had a problem.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ondoy is different naman. I drive a sedan and it's a 1995 model. It has been already 17years and still floodfree. Yung sayad part. Minsan talaga, you won't be able to avoid getting scratches because of the stupid roads here in the PHL. Although, there shouldn't be any problem. Di naman nakikita yan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i have i ford focus... sometimes i experienced scraping the front under the bumber when i exit gas stations.... sanay din kasi ako sa matataas na sasakyan.... IMO normal lang naman ang ride ht.... i also experienced it naman din po kasi sa ibang car namin....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    it really depends on how you scan the road. kung tingin mong 'di kaya ng koche mo wag mo pilitin. go easy on the humps. don't apply brakes right before it kasi magnose-dive yung koche tapos sasayad ilalim ng bumper mo. it happened to us na kasi di namin napansin humps tapos biglang tapak ng brakes. ayun gas gas.