New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007

The new Focus doesn't just do its job; it sets the benchmark for the class. Not only does it look the part, but the ride and handling are superb. The steering is precise and assured into corners and provides excellent feel and driver involvement.

The introduction of Fords PowerShift transmission in 2008 is another first for Ford; a six-speed double-clutch automated manual (similar to the VW DSG system), which will be available in the 2.0litre TDCi model.

For the 2.0 Diesel:
    Specification

Model: Ford Focus
    Price: £18,295
    On sale: January 2008
    Engine: 2.0litre Duratorq TDCi
    Power: 135bhp * 6000rpm
    Torque: 185lb/ft * 4500rpm
    Performance: 0-62mph in 9.3 seconds, top speed 126mph
    Fuel economy: 51.3mpg
    CO2 emissions: 144g/km

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nice facelift

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wonder how much it'd cost? If Ford can find some creative way of bringing that package in here for under 1.2m (with the DSG), it should sell even better than the current TDCi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

yup i agree... pero gusto parin ma-test drive ang focus TDCI!!

(deym swerte nung kapit bahay kong gov't official----naka TDCi!)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i'm itching to buy a focus na. do you think the kinetic design will reach philippine shores soon?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by javauser View Post
    i'm itching to buy a focus na. do you think the kinetic design will reach philippine shores soon?
    Possibleng dumating yung facelifted Focus. Siguro sa susunod na taon. Pero guwapo pa rin naman yung current Focus dito at mas Teutonic ang dating (i.e. classic lines kaya di kaagad maluluma).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nice. I hope they add a Borgwarner AWD into their list of optional equipment.

Then this car will be perfect.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    We were supposed to get the TDCi unfortunately my dad demanded he needs an automatic tranny. So Ford needs to be quick on this one since they are also losing customers who need the convenience, frugality and the power in a compact car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Nice. I hope they add a Borgwarner AWD into their list of optional equipment.

Then this car will be perfect.
    and a lower price like sub 700K

It makes buying a car easier.

I mean if this car is 1M+, just add a little more and you have a nice Utility truck like Strada 3.2 or an award winning midsize SUV, Santa Fe CRDi.

But if it's sub 700 like 650 or a generous 600K, then it'll be a sound purchase. Ford will murder all its competitors once they do this...

Ford, come'on ... I'll be the first in line

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    600-700K? Come on... that's the price of subcompact sedans... and is a very unrealistic expectation. Heck, AFAIK the SIR was being sold for 600K already before.

IMO - an AWD system will only burden the car needlessly. It already handles nicely and the added weight & power-loss from an AWD is unnecessary and will just add to the cost further.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ford Focus 'Kinetic' -- TDCi + 'Powershift' DSG