New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    Hello, i'm a newbie here Need to know which is better between the two. Considering getting a car and i'm currently considering the two. Need your inputs. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by abantao View Post
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    Hello, i'm a newbie here Need to know which is better between the two. Considering getting a car and i'm currently considering the two. Need your inputs. Thanks!
    I find the 5-speed M/T sedan more practical than the 4-speed A/T hatchback. Its got a larger trunk and its supposed to be a bit more fuel efficient than the A/T hatchback. Too bad the M/T Trend sedan doesn't have the black interior of the hatchback (it has a Beige/Med Lt. Stone interior).

It might not be as sporty as the hatchback, but I think the P799K Focus 1.8 Trend would be a good choice (personally I prefer cars with a manual transmission).

Last edited by AG4; September 6th, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for a ford, i think a manual transmission is much more practical than an automatic. the brand is widely known to have gas guzzler vehicles so having a manual might help you out a bit on lessening the fuel consumption.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    I did own a focus at ghia 2005. It did about 8-9 kpl city driving as long as I do not exceed 2000 rpm, light traffic 40kph average. Highway drive was at 14-15kpl, with speeds of 70-80kph. Naka aircon din ako at 18 degrees, low cool most of the time. My only complaint is that the front shocks gave in at about 40t km, and the wheel bearings gave in at 50t km. My SA tells me though that this was a common problem with the early models and that this has been corrected with the new model. Brand new, it was really a joy to drive then. I sold it already after 4 years of owning the car. Hope this help in your choices.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by abantao View Post

Same thing, I am just a newbie here and a 1st time car buyer. I planning to get the hatchback AT variant.

It was offered to me for 850K, dp of 156K and 17.5K for 60 mos amortization. Guys, dO you think the pricing is reasonable?

If not, any suggestions? thanks...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The pricing was actually great for a new Ford Focus. Kunin mo nayan cause its a great buy!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I like the darker interior of the hatchback better, but the 5MT is a much better performer. The Focus 1.8 has a lot of low-down torque and good low-rpm performance, though it feels asthmatic at high rpms compared to the Civic 1.8.

Lots of fun to drive, whether in hatchback or sedan. The hatchback steers a little better (you can kick the tail out into a slight drift on the uphill 1-2 lefthander at Subic with some throttle-lift and deft steering) but the 4AT's second gear is too long.

The ride is better than the Civic's, but not as good as the Corolla's. However, the handling is just as good as the Civic's, bearing in mind the fact that the Focus is a much heavier car.

Entry price is very low for such a well-equipped car, but as it's a heavy, big car, the maintenance cost is going to be a bit more than for your common compact.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    for a ford, i think a manual transmission is much more practical than an automatic. the brand is widely known to have gas guzzler vehicles so having a manual might help you out a bit on lessening the fuel consumption.
    well, what do we expect from 5.4 liter V8s?

I don't think there's much difference between the fuel economy of the 1.8 duratec from other 1.8's.

besides if you really want fuel economy, get the powershift focus.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I see a ford focus for a raffle prize with a nice chrome 18 mags with a Dunlop Lemans tire 225/45/18 .

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I recently bought focus sedan, well, so far so good...First time to buy American car...it has a good handling,responsive,huge cabin & compartment, if you want to see the engine technically it has Duratec Engine visit this link : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MUL3vtZ5o"]YouTube - FORD DuraTec Engine 3D Simulation[/ame] OR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratec_engine...nice interior parang luxury car...about the ride well i would say "thumbs up!"... it's a heavy car that's why it is more stable in a bumpy road...all I can say is if you love anime or popularity go for japanese car, but if you love G.I Joe and comfort go for american cars and if you want the German technology go for 2009 European Design Ford Focus! No matter how fuel consumption will go. However, do some research before you buy a car, make some comparison. Also its up to your preferences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Focus 1.8 AT hatchback or 1.8 M/T Trend?  Which one is more worth it?