New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    thinking of getting a ford focus 1.8 hatchback, what's the feedback of the owners of this car? what's the fuel consumption in city driving? any quality issues?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Inspite diesel costing about the same as gasoline right now... the Focus turbo diesel is the better choice if you were choosing the Ford Focus hatch. You will have better fuel economy (diesel goes further per liter than gasoline by about 15% to 20%). Plus you get a car that can blow the bodykits off any modified racer on the streets.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdude View Post
    thinking of getting a ford focus 1.8 hatchback
    Passed by Ford Edsa last week, according to the sales guy, the Focus 1.8 Trend hatchbacks on display are the last ones, the facelifted 2009 model will be launched soon.
    Based on his description, it should look something like this...
    Last edited by AG4; September 12th, 2008 at 12:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.8 is a sweet driving car... has good low-end torque but lacks a little top-end grunt. Biggest problem is the laid-back automatic and the weight, which combine for some dismal economy numbers... but then, the Focus is E10 compatible and some dealerships are now reportedly offering LPG conversions (have yet to verify).

Quality issues... some niggles with electricals (warranty covered) on a few cars, but it's not a general thing. Squeaking brakes are common, and the CV Joints on the 2.0 were a recall issue. Can't remember everything, but you can get a better idea at http://forum.fordclubph.com

I like the car, myself, and if you can get a good deal, it's sweet... but it won't be the cheapest car to own or run in that price range.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    i'm thinking of putting on hold my purchase of the 1.8 hatch since i've heard the facelifted focus is coming next month. besides, i've been reading in the internet that some people are getting below 6km/ liter on this model. not sure if this is true though but i was expecting more of a 7-8km/ liter.

anyway, im hoping they come out with a diesel automatic version of the focus to resolve this issues but i'm sure it will be priced at around 1M.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    i'm thinking of putting on hold my purchase of the 1.8 hatch since i've heard the facelifted focus is coming next month. besides, i've been reading in the internet that some people are getting below 6km/ liter on this model. not sure if this is true though but i was expecting more of a 7-8km/ liter.

anyway, im hoping they come out with a diesel automatic version of the focus to resolve this issues but i'm sure it will be priced at around 1M.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder if Ford is going to bring the Ford Fiesta to the Philippines? It is supposedly a world market car when they designed it anyway.

Last edited by ghosthunter; September 24th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... you could get the 1.8 hatch converted to LPG... heard Ford Alabang was doing this work under warranty.

Yes, fuel economy won't be as good as... say... a Civic 1.8... where a Civic 1.8 AT will get 8 km/l, the Focus will likely get 6-7... but it's a better car, comfort-wise.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... you could get the 1.8 hatch converted to LPG... heard Ford Alabang was doing this work under warranty.

Yes, fuel economy won't be as good as... say... a Civic 1.8... where a Civic 1.8 AT will get 8 km/l, the Focus will likely get 6-7... but it's a better car, comfort-wise.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ... but it's a better car, comfort-wise.
    ...and quite solid too, i've only driven the sedan models, but i'm sure the hatchback feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I wonder if Ford is going to bring the Ford Fiesta to the Philippines? It is supposedly a world market car when they designed it anyway.
    Ford wll most likely bring in the Fiesta because it will also be manufactured in Ford's plant in Thailand.
    But don't expect it to show up here anytime soon, we still don't know when the Thai plant will start production of the new Fiesta.
    The plant in Cologne, Germany already started production of the new Fiesta, the plant in Valencia, Spain will begin production on January 2009.
    The plants in Nanjing in China, Rayong in Thailand and Cuautitlān in Mexico should begin production anytime between the end of the year and early 2010.
    Last edited by AG4; September 24th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Focus 1.8 Hatch - Worth it?