New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    mga Sir, plano ko kumuha ng ford fiesta sport hatch. ok po ba ang variant na ito? kung sakaling laging 4pax ang sakay ko hindi po ba ito hirap sa arangkada? ok po ba ang fc nito kung ang route ko ay las pinas to bacoor na medyo ma traffic. plus may lalabas po bang bagong facelift na fiesta model? para makapag hintay ako kung sakali. thanks sana po masagot niyo mga bossing.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by one.deluna View Post
    mga Sir, plano ko kumuha ng ford fiesta sport hatch. ok po ba ang variant na ito? kung sakaling laging 4pax ang sakay ko hindi po ba ito hirap sa arangkada? ok po ba ang fc nito kung ang route ko ay las pinas to bacoor na medyo ma traffic. plus may lalabas po bang bagong facelift na fiesta model? para makapag hintay ako kung sakali. thanks sana po masagot niyo mga bossing.
    Theoretically, its 121PS, 152Nm 1.6 liter engine, which is one of the most powerful in its segment (available locally) should be able to handle 4 passengers. We just need some owners to confirm this.

The facelifted Fiesta is scheduled to debut at the Paris Motor Show later this month, it will go on sale in Europe early 2013.
    My guess is the ASEAN version might be launched a year after.
    Last edited by AG4; September 17th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    test drive one with the people you plan to bring regularly if possible. Medyo masikip yung likod kung malalaki ang sasakay. Definitely wait for the newer model because 1) you can get the current model for a lot cheaper close to the newer look launch, 2) you might as well get the newer look since it also has newer features like the ford sync, and 3) the current model bought a few months away from the facelifted one makes it look older than it is. If you want to save money nothing wrong with the current Sport model or even the Trend 1.6 PS if you get a big discount. Something to consider is if the newer model will have the ecoboosted 1.0L or even a 1.6L ecoboosted one.

The hatch has bad blind spots due to the dinky side mirrors and limited view from the rear view mirror. It is fun to drive and it likes to be driven hard in corners. im not happy with its acceleration, but maybe because i have always tried to drive it economically so i dont know how to make it squeal. Definitely test drive the sport and the trend in both MT and PS to see the difference.

off topic, but why not get a bigger vehicle like a focus, escape, Kia rio sedan, subaru XV or a cuv? Di na nag kakalayo sa presyo. I think ford has giant discounts for the escape since the newer one is coming out as well. I think in another thread someone got 100k off or more for the escape.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    . Something to consider is if the newer model will have the ecoboosted 1.0L or even a 1.6L ecoboosted one.
    In the 2013 euro Fiesta-range, the 1.6 EcoBoost is reserved for the performance Fiesta ST, the naturally aspirated 1.4 and 1.6 MT will be replaced by the 100PS and 125PS 1.0 EcoBoost engines.
    Initially the 1.0 EcoBoost is MT only, if you want a Powerhift option, it will be paired to their naturally aspirated 1.6 engine.

My guess is they will most likely bring in the 1.0 EcoBoost to our region after they've developed an optional AT/Powershift transmission for it since having an AT option for the mid and high-end trim models is a must for the ASEAN region. Lets wait and see.

PS: I still prefer a Manual transmission.
    Last edited by AG4; October 5th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Theoretically, its 121PS, 152Nm 1.6 liter engine, which is one of the most powerful in its segment (available locally) should be able to handle 4 passengers. We just need some owners to confirm this.

The facelifted Fiesta is scheduled to debut at the Paris Motor Show later this month, it will go on sale in Europe early 2013.
    My guess is the ASEAN version might be launched a year after.

I Own a FoFi 1.6 hatch sport +. Fun exciting and exhilirating when you step on the pedal. This car rocks! Driving or should i say overtaking is a breeze.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ano po yung difference ng hatchback sports vs sports plus? Im planning on buying one this nov.

May paddle shift po ba at keyless ignition (start/stop) yung sports/sports plus na fiesta?
    And parang i read somwhere na different suspension yung ginamit nila sa entry level kaysa dito sa totl variants. Parang eurotuned something, pakiexplain po, thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    Ano po yung difference ng hatchback sports vs sports plus? Im planning on buying one this nov.

May paddle shift po ba at keyless ignition (start/stop) yung sports/sports plus na fiesta?
    And parang i read somwhere na different suspension yung ginamit nila sa entry level kaysa dito sa totl variants. Parang eurotuned something, pakiexplain po, thanks.
    No paddle shifter or start/stop button.

The Sport + comes with a front bumper spoiler and a rear skirt & diffuser. It also has chrome trim on the lower portion of the windows (beltline).

Its exterior similar to the Australian spec Zetec

The Sport and Sport + come with a stiffer Sport-tuned suspension. I read that it's not as stiff as the Sport-tuned suspension offered in the Euro spec Fiesta.
    Last edited by AG4; October 28th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.