New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I was under the impression your ride already has front fogs.
    Yes Vivafoxpro, my Sport HB already has front and rear fogs.
    What I meant was...that your new projector fogs have a better light pattern than the oem front fogs in my Sport HB.

Regarding the rear fogs...I just realized that the sedan does not have a seperate housing for the rear fogs like the HB has. In the HB, it is located behind the lower "reflector" in the corner of the bumper (driver side only).
    The front fogs will switch on if the side lights or headlights are on. The rear fog will only come on if the headlights are on, and will not switch on with side lights only.

I just crawled underneath my HB to take some pics.
    You can see the driverside rear fog has a light housing and bulb (Black colored plastic), whereas the offside (right) has only a reflector (orange colored plastic). The wiring connector seems to be for the number plate lights or/and hatch door release.

Driverside rear fog with housing and bulb.

offside (right) with reflector only.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Yes Vivafoxpro, my Sport HB already has front and rear fogs.
    What I meant was...that your new projector fogs have a better light pattern than the oem front fogs in my Sport HB.

Regarding the rear fogs...I just realized that the sedan does not have a seperate housing for the rear fogs like the HB has. In the HB, it is located behind the lower "reflector" in the corner of the bumper (driver side only).
    The front fogs will switch on if the side lights or headlights are on. The rear fog will only come on if the headlights are on, and will not switch on with side lights only.
    I just crawled underneath my HB to take some pics.
    You can see the driverside rear fog has a light housing and bulb (Black colored plastic), whereas the offside (right) has only a reflector (orange colored plastic). The wiring connector seems to be for the number plate lights or/and hatch door release.
    Driverside rear fog with housing and bulb.
    offside (right) with reflector only.
    Thanks for crawling under your Sport HB and sharing an insight into the rear fog's operation.

Here is my opinion:

1. It will be very complicated and not aesthetic to put in a second rear fog light on the kerb side.
    2. The rear fog light is located way too low for buses and trucks which are involved in greater number of accidents.

If I were to do it, I would put additional rear fogs flanking the third brake light where the throw can be adjusted to be visible for both cars and trucks.

This will be more complicated than the front fogs I did since you have to run a larger gauge "always hot" line from the battery, along the door sills towards the hatch.

Is night visibility a great concern in your area?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *hausteam - Thanks for the painting suggestion!

Here is the version done today:

Before:

Masking tape on the lens

Metallic black (spray can), what I had on hand...

Back on the bumpers:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Yes, i live out in the province, and even the highways here don't have streetlights.
    I thought about this, and I think the best way to get an "offside" rear foglight, would be to source one from either UK, Australia or Malaysia, where they drive on left side. They must have a rear foglight on other side to us. Wiring would then be simple.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    can you post the actual model, the price, and the place where you got it? did it make a big difference in sound as compared to the stock speakers?

never got into car audio but i used to be really into portable audio (high end monitors) so im curious on how much of a difference simple upgrades can do. matino na kasi yung stock so im worried baka gumastos ako tapos pareho lang pala since im not interested in putting in amplifiers anyway.
    if your fiesta is sport variant, from what i read here from the sport owners, eh very satisfied na sila sa sound, so unless nababasag ang sound ng speaker mo when it comes to deep bass, as what the stock speakers of trend does, ( we also didn't have speakers at the back ) then stick with your stock.

but if you are really going to, then get 8 inch speakers kase 8 inches ang hole sa door mo para sa speakers para maximized ang bass. ang difference naman sa sound ko noon at ngayon, di na basag ang bass ko, but i am still planning on getting sub woofers, gusto ko kase minamasahe ang likod ko hehehehe

heres my earlier post:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=204

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *hausteam - Thanks for the painting suggestion!

Here is the version done today:

Before:

Masking tape on the lens

Metallic black (spray can), what I had on hand...

Back on the bumpers:
    Ayos!! I'd like to see the faces of the service personnel when you bring in your fiesta for PMS.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by master siopao View Post
    if your fiesta is sport variant, from what i read here from the sport owners, eh very satisfied na sila sa sound, so unless nababasag ang sound ng speaker mo when it comes to deep bass, as what the stock speakers of trend does, ( we also didn't have speakers at the back ) then stick with your stock.

but if you are really going to, then get 8 inch speakers kase 8 inches ang hole sa door mo para sa speakers para maximized ang bass. ang difference naman sa sound ko noon at ngayon, di na basag ang bass ko, but i am still planning on getting sub woofers, gusto ko kase minamasahe ang likod ko hehehehe

heres my earlier post:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=204
    Master S, I really want to add two additional speakers to the rear doors of my trend hatch pero baka hanggang doon na lang ( no more subwoofer). Can you recommend a brand and model na magbibigay ng improved bass sound na rin? Will I still need to replace the stock front speakers if I add two rear ones?

I really know very little with regards to car audio.

TIA.
    Last edited by hausteam; February 6th, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typo error

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    Master S, I really want to add two additional speakers to the rear doors of my trend hatch pero baka hanggang doon na lang ( no more subwoofer). Can you recommend a brand and model na magbibigay ng improved bass sound na rin? Will I still need to replace the stock front speakers if I add two rear ones?

I really know very little with regards to car audio.

TIA.
    this is what i had installed. PIONEER TS-A1683S 6.5 INCH 4-WAY COAXIAL SPEAKER see link for specs:

http://www.marsperformance.com/html/...L-SPEAKER.html

as my kwento goes, i bought 2 speakers muna, because trend does not have rear speakers, the problem is, although me separate na linya for speakers sa likod w/c goes directly to the stereo unit, wala ang stereo natin nang fader para timplahin ang sound sa likod at harap. so para mas gumanda at mawala na rin yung basag na bass ng harap, pinaltan ko na rin ng kaparehas, so all speakers are the same na, altough di naman mawawala yung tweeter na nasa door handle sa harap kase separate din na wiring yun.

P2,750 + lang naman ang isang pares, if you want, pakabit ka muna sa likod, tapos judge it yourself ( ako kase makulili sa sound ), then bahala ka na kung papaltan mo pa harap in the future kase ok din naman siya... to a certain volume level. Kunin mo sa timpla ng bass mid at treble.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Here is the result of the installation. The fogs will only come on IN ADDITION to the low beams.

I disconnected the low beams temporarily to show the throw of the fogs. You will notice a clearly defined cutoff since the projector has a metal flap inside to effect this cutoff.

Ganda. I wonder kung pano yung throw niya sa street during nighttime. Low beam + Fogs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ang ganda ng cut off.

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa