New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Recently, this warning light (referred to as "power train" malfunction indicator in our manual) came on after about 10 minutes of driving.

Along a "bing" warning sound, "Engine Malfunction" appears on the front display. Syempre medyo kinabahan ako nung first time since hindi ko pa na research.

Manual transmission ang sa akin at wala naman pagbabago sa hatak.

By "power train" ang intindi ko is coming from the intake of air, into the engine and out sa exhaust. This should also include the clutch, gearbox and down to the wheels and braking mechanism.

I tried cleaning the air intake portions and did a visual inspection under the car. Wala rin pagbabago. Same warning light.

To the casa I go to have it checked. Ang lumabas sa computer ay "P0504 - brake switch a/b correlation". The technician recommended replacing the P980 worth na switch pero nagkataon walang stock. Medyo nataasan ako sa presyo at naisip ko na baka pwede pa sya kalikutin since switches are not complicated creatures.

Arriving home with the assistance of my son, we checked the brake lights again. I did not suspect these kasi power train nga yung indicator tapos meron pang computer readout sa casa mismo.

The brake lights were not lighting up. Siguro dahil nga palyado na ang brake switch. But a busted fuse could also cause the same symptom.

I referred to the manual to find the location of the fuse:

Busted nga sya and after replacing the warning light stopped.

I hope this might help others in the future as I learned the following:
    1. Do more research on the internet
    2. Hwag masyado tiwala sa casa, their number one priority is their pocket (Ford Pampanga), replace kaagad ng pyesa without isolating the part and making sure that indeed it is defective
    3. During their "checklist", they did not check if the brake lights are illuminating maski ganun pala na napaka importante nila to cause a "power train" and "engine malfunction"

It cost me around P800 for them to connect their computer and be misinformed that my brake switch is broken
    Attached Images Attached Images power.jpg 
    Last edited by vivafoxpro; July 21st, 2014 at 01:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    "Kapag napuno na ang salop..."

Ford Fiesta wiper conversion to J hook type

I've had enough of the irritating shuddering of the stock "high tech" wipers of our LiMo. IMHO they are inferior in performance to the traditional metal frame wipers commonly found in the market.

I guess marketing got their way in favoring style over function. You can judge for yourself by disengaging the stock wipers and shake them vigorously. You will see that they flap around and provide meager resistance to force.

Luckily Concorde carries high end NWB wipers with metal frame shrouded in a stylish "aerodynamic" plastic armor. It seems they are the kind you find on high end Japanese SUVs.

Here are the pictures and if you own a Fiesta, they are mostly self-explanatory:

In contrast with "Eurofication", I'd rather "Filipinize".

Di ba kung sino ang dayuhan, sya dapat bumagay sa dinatnan?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Great article! Thanks for this hack!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    this one is nice! marami akong natutunan.. :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Is anyone also having a start up problem on their Ford Fiesta? Battery is ok, leds light up, radio is fine, the keys can turn but the car won't start... any fix? thanks in advance...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    _sorry double post _
    Last edited by luhancho; July 24th, 2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: double post

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    You wouldnt know what the metal clips called i need a replacement if possible

Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    To use or just see "secret compartment" between radio and A/C controls, use a knife to gently pry it open at the center.

To put it back, you must separate the metal clip from the peg, return it into the hole in the dash, then push the door back to normal.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Ford Fiesta Hacker's Guide - things not in the manual