New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Friends!

I have an OEM alarm and central lock in my Honda City where there is a visible LED indicating when the alarm is armed and the car locked.

Now having just bough a Ford Fiesta, I do not want an alarm installed yet that might conflict with car's computer. The tone of the SA discourages having an alarm installed as well.

Now when I look out my window, I can see my Honda's blinking LED but nothing on the Fiesta. When in doubt I have to press "lock" again on my keyless entry fob. Extra wear and tear on the car and the fob.

My question is : Do you know of a way, without installing an alarm, to tap somewhere an indicator light showing the status of the car's central lock?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    There is a blinking LED on the Fiesta showing alarm is armed, its on the gauges itself between the tachometer and the speedometer. Its hard to see from the outside since there are a lot of pillars that block it...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, the red blinking LED light is for the engine immobilizer and automatically turns on with blinking light once you turn off the engine.

I also noticed that if you unlock the car and not open any doors, it would automatically lock and arm itself after 30-45 secs.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    There is a blinking LED on the Fiesta showing alarm is armed, its on the gauges itself between the tachometer and the speedometer. Its hard to see from the outside since there are a lot of pillars that block it...
    Now that you mention that, meron nga sya red LED na blinking when it is unlocked on my Trend.

Will try to find a way to tap on this LED and have it visible from a short distance.

I'll share the results if ever.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reefshark View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the red blinking LED light is for the engine immobilizer and automatically turns on with blinking light once you turn off the engine.

I also noticed that if you unlock the car and not open any doors, it would automatically lock and arm itself after 30-45 secs.
    I don't think this is true if : You turn off engine, leave car and then FORGET to lock it.

What I also have in my OEM alarm is : approach the car, unlock, change mind and not open any doors. 24 seconds after, the car locks itself.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Observing further, the blinking red LED is for the engine immobilizer. Locked or unlocked, as long as the engine is off, it blinks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I don't think this is true if : You turn off engine, leave car and then FORGET to lock it.

What I also have in my OEM alarm is : approach the car, unlock, change mind and not open any doors. 24 seconds after, the car locks itself.
    Ok, I should have made myself more clear... like I said, if you "unlock" the car and not open any door or trunk, it would lock itself. On another note, if you did not arm the car alarm, then it would not auto lock.

hope all is clear now

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ok, I should have made myself more clear... like I said, if you "unlock" the car and not open any door or trunk, it would lock itself. On another note, if you did not arm the car alarm, then it would not auto lock.

hope all is clear now
    Its pretty much the same as its big brother, the Focus.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010

hope all is clear now
    Yep sabi nga ni Tom Cruise "crystal".

Yun lang sir, what I need is a visual indicator from a short distance to tell if the car is locked or unlocked. On old cars pa naman kahit walang blinking LED, kita mo yung rod na nakababa pag locked na sya.

In our fiesta no such manual rod to lock. all power.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ako ang indicator ko kung lock na yung doors is yung map lamp natin naka position sya sa gitna. so once you open the door mag light sya. then pag close na ang lahat ng doors the light still open, press the lock in the remote and you will noticed the light will shut off. hindi sya mamatay kung may naka open pang door. since satin mga fiesta owner na walang alarm it can help as indicator.

as i noticed din, pag nasa loob kayo ng car and may passenger ka. if naka engaged ang central lock mabubuksan parin sya sa loob and pag close nya ang door it can be open pa rin from outside kahit naka engaged pa ang central lock. and the other doors still locked. kaya dapat kung may baba you must press the central lock on and off. hth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Fiesta central lock