New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    342 units?? I assume only for hatchback models...

Hinda talaga ng hatchback market. People here still prefer sedans I guess. The Vios ata sells 1200 units a month...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    342 units?? I assume only for hatchback models...

Hinda talaga ng hatchback market. People here still prefer sedans I guess. The Vios ata sells 1200 units a month...
    Syempre marami rin naman bagong Taxi needed eh...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Congrats to Ford for toppling the perennial leader, the Honda Jazz! Sana maganda rin ang sales figures ng sedan, hopefully enough to dent the market share of the seemingly untouchable Vios and City.

Seems like the hatch market will be one of the hottest soon. The Fiesta is turning heads and raising eyebrows right now. Of course Toyota and Honda won't let their guard down: Toyota is set to release a new-gen Yaris maybe next year and Honda might soon release the facelifted Jazz.

This and next year will sure be interesting.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by green_machine View Post
    Congrats to Ford for toppling the perennial leader, the Honda Jazz! Sana maganda rin ang sales figures ng sedan, hopefully enough to dent the market share of the seemingly untouchable Vios and City.
    Seems like the hatch market will be one of the hottest soon. The Fiesta is turning heads and raising eyebrows right now. Of course Toyota and Honda won't let their guard down: Toyota is set to release a new-gen Yaris maybe next year and Honda might soon release the facelifted Jazz.
    This and next year will sure be interesting.
    My view here is that Fiesta will eat into the City sales rather than the Vios. Buyers who go for style and class will gravitate to the Fiesta over the more expensive City. Those hunting practicalities over styling and ride will go towards Vios.

I have a neighbor here in Pampanga. 2 weeks daw pila para magpaservice ng Vios nya.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    pag lumabas na accent hatch wala na yan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    bakit kaya mitsu walang subcompac car

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    pag lumabas na accent hatch wala na yan
    Di pa nga sure nay may Accent hatch dadating sa Pilipinas eh... All we know for sure is the sedan...

Hey OB, is that you? If it is... WELCOME BACK for the nth time!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Fiesta is still the best selling hatchback for February 2011 as confirmed by FGP in their Fiesta Facebook page... GO FIESTA!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE="3"]Ilalabas ba ng FORD yung DIESEL variant nila ng Fiesta...Kailan kaya?

Does anyone know?

Thanks...
    [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ford remains to be the strongest American brand in the Philippine market with sales figures getting a boost from the new Fiesta subcompact car and the Everest sport-utility vehicle.

Ford Group Philippines said it sold a total of 1,506 units in January and February, 79 percent higher than the number of units it sold in the same months last year.
    Sales were driven by the Fiesta (see photos below), which recently marked a milestone as Ford Group Philippines sold its 1,000th unit.

"The all-new Fiesta continues to connect with consumers across the country in many different and exciting ways," said Randy Krieger, president of Ford Philippines. "The Fiesta's best-in-class offering--including its unique kinetic design, superior fuel efficiency, class-leading safety features and cool and smart technologies--is really gaining traction among young and trendy Filipinos who again made it the best-selling hatchback in the country in February."

The Everest, on the other hand, continues to be Ford's top-selling SUV as its sales jumped to 244 units in February, 83 percent higher than sales made in the same month last year.
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/ford-...fiesta-everest

I am betting Ford is now the fastest growing car company in the local market. I doubt anyone else grew 79% compared to last year. Hyundai only grew 13.4% compared to last year. I doubt Toyota nor Mitsubishi has grown any where like that...
    Last edited by tidus1203; March 8th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
FORD FIESTA is the best selling hatchback in December 2010