New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Go with the MT.

We have a 1.4 Trend sedan. You want more power so 1.6 should fit you more.

My own philosophy : The more complex anything is, the greater are the points of failure = greater chances of failing

!
    agree! but the M/T seems to fail more than A/T dahil na din sa wrong timing ng shifts and clutches ng driver as well as traffic.

but the trend is nice. if you observe it a little more longer on the road, it actually looks more robust and durable than the hatch version. the back of the fiesta hatch is a concern for me. parang hindi mag-survive sa matinding rear collision

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    I felt right at home with the MT
    That should answer your question.
    Personally, i'd pick the 1.4 MT, I'm also more at home in a MT car.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot
    the back of the fiesta hatch is a concern for me. parang hindi mag-survive sa matinding rear collision
    What makes you say that?

PS: The Fiesta has one of the toughest body structures in its class.
    Last edited by AG4; January 7th, 2011 at 03:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The hatch version is a GLOBAL car (available on all parts of the world unlike the sedan) passing GLOBAL safety standards... I am not saying the sedan won't pero all the videos in the net use the hatch as an example in crash tests... Also the back of hatchback's are sturdier than sedans...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Like GH says... it's not quite that quick.

Quoted manufacturer 0-100 km/h times for both cars are for the manual transmission cars. The automatics are slower.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-O4ljZBl4"]YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta Dual-Clutch Automatic - Shift Points[/ame]
    1:06 - 1:16 (Please note that this is Miles per hour)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir tanong lang po, is there a difference between the 1.4MT and 1.6PS na interior?

When I checked kasi on the showrooms, parang ang napansin ko, parang mas maliit yung pinapakita dun sa gitna na display? Am I right?

And napansin ko din yung handbrake plastic quality hindi din pareho? parang mas maganda yung sa 1.6PS?

Thanks for the help mga pare! I'm hoping to get one din kasi! Thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ImCyrix View Post
    YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta Dual-Clutch Automatic - Shift Points
    1:06 - 1:16 (Please note that this is Miles per hour)

You can quote all the USDM specs of the Fiesta but I am talking about the PHDM version of the Fiesta we get here.

I strongly suggest you test-drive one for yourself and you can feel what Niky and I are saying.

For whatever reason, the Ford test units (Trend 1.6PS & Sport 1.6PS models) only gets 12.8 to nearly 14 seconds for 0-100kph under instrumented tests done locally.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmigs View Post
    Sir tanong lang po, is there a difference between the 1.4MT and 1.6PS na interior?

When I checked kasi on the showrooms, parang ang napansin ko, parang mas maliit yung pinapakita dun sa gitna na display? Am I right?

And napansin ko din yung handbrake plastic quality hindi din pareho? parang mas maganda yung sa 1.6PS?

Thanks for the help mga pare! I'm hoping to get one din kasi! Thanks again!
    Sa Trend trims of both 1.4 and 1.6 almost the same lang except yun na nga yung multi info display. The 1.6 has a higher resolution display similar to the Sport trim, the 1.4 gets a lower resolution display...

Here is a photo of them...

Here is the 1.6 MID

And here is the 1.4 MID

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks sir Tidus!

Siguro yung napansin ko sa handbrake ay guniguni ko lang hehe.

Ganda pala ng MID ng PS talaga. Hopefully I will join the Fiesta fun by month's end!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The hatch version is a GLOBAL car (available on all parts of the world unlike the sedan) passing GLOBAL safety standards... I am not saying the sedan won't pero all the videos in the net use the hatch as an example in crash tests... Also the back of hatchback's are sturdier than sedans...
    *tidus1203, the sedan was tested in the US and in Australia (similar to Euro standards).
    ANCAP was provided with evidence that the Fiesta sedan provides comparable occupant protection to the hatch.
    - www.mynrma.com.au

The Fiesta sedan is not sold in Europe because the market for sub-compact sedans in europe is non existent there, it doesn't mean its not built to the same safety standards as the hatchback.
    Remember the Fiesta sedan is sold in the US and they also have strict safety standards there.
    The US Fiesta sedan has the same body as the Asia-Pacific Fiesta sedan, the extended bumpers in the US version is just for additional cushion for low speed fender benders so that vital parts like headlights/tail lights and radiator don't break right away.

PS: The Fiesta sedan (like most sedans) does have the advantage of a crossbeam behind the top portion of the rear seats/under the parcel shelf.

...and the larger rear crumple zone should be an advantage.
    Last edited by AG4; January 7th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can quote all the USDM specs of the Fiesta but I am talking about the PHDM version of the Fiesta we get here.

I strongly suggest you test-drive one for yourself and you can feel what Niky and I are saying.

For whatever reason, the Ford test units (Trend 1.6PS & Sport 1.6PS models) only gets 12.8 to nearly 14 seconds for 0-100kph under instrumented tests done locally.
    Hindi kaya sadya ito sa programing ng ECU nya? Baka kaya i-reprogram? Cars, like DSLRs, are becoming more like computers nowadays. Camera manufacturers usually come up with several firmware updates long after the model has been launched. Baka eventually, ganito rin mangyari sa mga kotse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Fiesta - 1.4MT or 1.6PS?