New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Re the DCTs, Ford PH will charge you an arm and a leg to have it replaced if experience reminds me correctly.

My uncle owned the 2007 generation 1.8 Ford Focus and 2010 Fiesta (I know both had DCTs). Both needed to be replaced and Ford PH was charging an arm and a leg for them. I know it was outside the 3 year warranty (by a few months) when the issues were really presenting themselvews. Within the warranty period, we've tried everything Ford adviced to remove the shudder, including (among other things) resetting it manually. I know the method was posted here 10 years ago and it was the same thing their techs did back then.

Still, shuddering or jerking eventually will lead to failure, especially if you are just using it in Manila City Traffic Conditions.

To have the work done at least to get the car running again, my uncle just had their service technician do it outside casa time. Where the parts came from.... Well, I think we can all guess where they were "borrowed".

When I did drive for my uncle a few times and noticed the jerking/shuddering (like the transmission was unable to decide to go with first or second gear), I used the manual mode on the Focus, but the Fiesta (at that generation) didn't have a manual mode.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My Fiesta Ecoboost performed well in my care even up to the point when its TCM was updated. I sold it and the buyer had no issues with it. I guess the turbo (Ecoboost) engine works well with a DCT tranny.

I have no qualms with DCT or DSG trannies in general as they perform well. However, some Ford cars have reliability issues with their DCT trannies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123