New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    the sport trac's suspension is way better than the japanese pickups, it rides softer. reg fuel consumption of the f150 and sportrac i'd say the difference is pretty minimal. the f150 lariat consumes 3-5kms/l depending on the driver's right foot. some owners from ford club reports an average of 4km/l to high 4's FC. a sport trac would only get you as much as that. although since you also mentioned that you would be getting a rear canopy for the pickup...the canopy doesn't look good on the f150

i agree a f150 with canopy would look like a beetle in my POV

our e150 is averaging 5 on city with lots of passenger.

altis is 7 and trooper is 6.

so kaya parin if mag 5km/L siya since ako lang din parating gagamit.

my concern is about the defects said on the previous post.

does it occur here in the philippines?

TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    There's a red F-150 here in our town with rear canopy: Looks like a hearse Also, my cousin had problems with the rear suicide doors alignment after some time.

SQ, the 'beating' depends on individual definition but if it's only once a week hard labor then it should fair very well. It is a pick-up truck. You will also have to consider that some units have aged already and, again, depending on the previous owner's TLC.

The ride is better than most Jap trucks since it weighs heavier (engine/body) and has larger stock tires.

:twocents:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if you want gas fed pick up toyota Hi-Lux 4X4 has a 2.7VVti engine pick up if i not mistaken...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    if you want gas fed pick up toyota Hi-Lux 4X4 has a 2.7VVti engine pick up if i not mistaken...
    oh boy, the ride is comparable when your on a 35 series tire.

peace.

di ko kaya ang ride ng hilux plus masikip.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    looks like your only option is the sport trac, very few pickups were offered here with a gas engine, and on japanese pickups, only the hilux has the gas variant. but be very wary of choosing a unit as badly maintained ones costs an arm and a leg to fix.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sport trac is the unloved step brother of the f150. i live here in detroit and i dont see a lot of those going around. i see more rangers than the sport trac.

what i really think you want is a dodge ram 1500. looks way better than the f150 and performs better. not too good on fc. but looks pretty effin' sweet. especially the hemi version ohh la la.

option b is the nissan titan (available ba diyan? or the equivalent)
    option c is the toyota tundra which i love. (again, i don't know if it's available there. siguro naman may equivalent sila.)

gas lahat yan. perfect for the college student, perfect for haulin stuff, perfect for rescue operations.

i would've also suggested chevrolet silverado (america's best truck -- according to them) but i drove one for a year and it made me feel old. it's like your friend's dad's truck. it should be owned by somebody's dad something to that effect.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaksiNiJUDAS View Post
    sport trac is the unloved step brother of the f150. i live here in detroit and i dont see a lot of those going around. i see more rangers than the sport trac.

what i really think you want is a dodge ram 1500. looks way better than the f150 and performs better. not too good on fc. but looks pretty effin' sweet. especially the hemi version ohh la la.

option b is the nissan titan (available ba diyan? or the equivalent)
    option c is the toyota tundra which i love. (again, i don't know if it's available there. siguro naman may equivalent sila.)

gas lahat yan. perfect for the college student, perfect for haulin stuff, perfect for rescue operations.

i would've also suggested chevrolet silverado (america's best truck -- according to them) but i drove one for a year and it made me feel old. it's like your friend's dad's truck. it should be owned by somebody's dad something to that effect.
    :hi:

chevy silverado is rare here in the country. and i only see with 2 doors only the 2nd row is so cramped

OT: is the silverado's parts available here?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    looks like your only option is the sport trac, very few pickups were offered here with a gas engine, and on japanese pickups, only the hilux has the gas variant. but be very wary of choosing a unit as badly maintained ones costs an arm and a leg to fix.
    yes sir, our other option is the f-150 supercrew but its damn to rare to find.

if a double cab f150 would be the choice, i want a lid for the bed, not a canopy anymore.

and if im not mistaken, f150 share the same engine as e150 right?

damn i cant imagine the power when its put on the f150

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you want a Sport Trac get the first gen not the current one as those have independent rear suspension. But if you will use it to actually carry things I would get the F150 since it has a bigger bed and the bed is steel, the Sport Trac has a composite bed if I recall correctly. If you want a 4x4 F150 you'd have to get a V8 since a V6 is underpowered. But even the 2 valve 4.6 is weak compared to some 4.0 V6 made by the Japanese. The best compromise would be a Dodge Dakota/Mitsubishi Raider crew cab which can be had with a V6 or V8 that is if it's sold there.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    yes sir, our other option is the f-150 supercrew but its damn to rare to find.

if a double cab f150 would be the choice, i want a lid for the bed, not a canopy anymore.

and if im not mistaken, f150 share the same engine as e150 right?

damn i cant imagine the power when its put on the f150
    the lariat 4x4 model is the one equipped with the 4.6l v8 engine (same as on the e150 and base model expy), the supercrew has the 5.4l v8 engine. 4x2 models of the f150 comes with only a v6 engine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
is Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tough?