New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Planning to purchase a 2nd hand explorer 2008 or 2009... I'm just concerned about the fuel consumption. I've read and heard that it could be as low as 4.5 up to 7km/l city driving... I don't know how accurate these are? Tama ba? Can it go as high as 7? 4.5 might be too low for me 5 to 5.5 is okay.

Any comments?
    Regular traffic lang not heavy. I don't usually get heavy traffic during my travel time.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you're concerned with fuel consumption, try looking at economy or diesel vehicles and not a Ford Explorer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i got 2009 EB yes its almost 5km/liter but its ok you are riding in a comfort car but it can go up to 8km/liter on highways especially when on cruise control is on

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks nightrock. Is the 5km/l heavy traffic?

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Also in the hunt for a Ford Explorer 2008-2011 model - any pro's or con's to keep an eye out for?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    Thanks nightrock. Is the 5km/l heavy traffic?

Yes during heavy trapik.. if you can afford to have Explorer Im sure you can afford the gas consumption hahahaha its a nice weekend car and out of town car

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I got a very fresh Eddie Bauer Explorer, its very good car for long drives especially with kids. I'm selling mine, its in pristine condition. We are planning to purchase an expedition. We love the comfort it provides. You can message me.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Anyone selling a 2008 or 2009 model with low mileage, please PM me. Thanks

Ford Explorer 2008 2009