New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Good day guys. MErry Xmas and a Happy new year!!!

Need help from experts.....I'm planning to buy 1999 Ford expedition. Any comments regarding gas consumption...malakas ba tlga to sa gas..and any other pros and cons for expedition????.....my other option is a 95-96 Pajero.....

any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. You may PM me...thanks.....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ar24458 View Post
    Good day guys. MErry Xmas and a Happy new year!!!

Need help from experts.....I'm planning to buy 1999 Ford expedition. Any comments regarding gas consumption...malakas ba tlga to sa gas..and any other pros and cons for expedition????.....my other option is a 95-96 Pajero.....

any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. You may PM me...thanks.....
    Yup. It is. Really good driving might get you up to 8 km/l on the highway, but don't expect much more than 4 km/l in regular traffic.

Cons: Typical problem areas include the suspension (air-ride?), brakes (big, heavy, fast = accelerated brake disc wear, more a problem on long-distance highway driven Expes) and transmission (expensive to fix... may or may not be a problem, depending on the previous owner). Parts for this particular model will cost more than comparable parts for the Pajero.

Pros: It's solid-feeling, very high (you can see the world from up there), and the ride is cushy... American cars this big tend to ride like boats, soaking up the worst of bumps. Acceleration is linear... it shoves you in the back and keeps on pushing... thus, to save some gas, you can just let the big V8 creep along in traffic. The interior is quite big compared to the Pajero.

-----

Pajero? Nice car... rides relatively well... doesn't float as much as the Expedition, but the semi-off-road tires that most Pajeros have fitted skip about a little on highway bumps. Still, much better than your typical pick-up or pick-up based Japanese SUV.

Acceleration is merely decent. Fuel economy is much better than the Expedition.

Cons: Interior is not as big, although you can sit kind of comfortably three-across in the back seat. Older model = more possible problems (but probably not more than the Expedition). Lack of safety equipment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    alright..thanks....so, do u stil suggest buying expedition now a days? or just stik to the popular pajeros? any suggestions on best 4x4 to buy wid 500K budget.....

Ford Expedition