New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    10-speed, hindi kaya mahilo na transmission nun at dami na nagpa-palit palit?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    10-speed, hindi kaya mahilo na transmission nun at dami na nagpa-palit palit?
    Do We Really Need 10-Speed Transmissions? - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Do We Really Need 10-Speed Transmissions? - YouTube

Thanks sir.
    (I dont think na mas magiging okey ang performance at maintenance nito. 8-speed is much better in my opinion)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks sir.
    (I dont think na mas magiging okey ang performance at maintenance nito. 8-speed is much better in my opinion)
    with a diesel engine. this 10sp will be relaxed. by the way this 10sp transmission is developed by both ford and gm.

Using 1-Speed Automatic with SelectShift(R) Capability | Ford How-To | Ford - YouTube
    Last edited by StockEngine; August 23rd, 2018 at 08:31 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    In this case, this is very nice!
    (thanks again sir for sharing)

Then, the only question is "how much Ford Ph pricing" will accelerate because of this features?

2M for the base model, 2.5M for TOTL??

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    In this case, this is very nice!
    (thanks again sir for sharing)

Then, the only question is "how much Ford Ph pricing" will accelerate because of this features?

2M for the base model, 2.5M for TOTL??
    there is only one model...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I wonder how the 2.0 bi turbo performs.

observation ko lang, the 3.2l moves like a locomotive. low end torque is outstanding. I really dont find it strained while being driven. the torque is almost flat.

compared to the 2.2r of our santa fe, the santa fe is quicker, but when fully loaded, you can really feel that there is no replacement for displacement, though the santa fe struggles for a bit when pushed fully loaded, around 2,000 rpm, the torque comes out with one big wallop.

i prefer driving the 3.2 everest when fully loaded, halos walang pinagbago sa "bigat" because of the big fat engine. torque is instant. but of course the santa fe is still faster, it's just that the 3.2l engine feels more fun to drive.

same feel siguro itong 2.0 bi turbo. small displacement engine but super powerful.

5 cylinder diesels are rare. it will be missed.
    Last edited by suysuy; August 23rd, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    I wonder how the 2.0 bi turbo performs.

observation ko lang, the 3.2l moves like a locomotive. low end torque is outstanding. I really dont find it strained while being driven. the torque is almost flat.

compared to the 2.2r of our santa fe, the santa fe is quicker, but when fully loaded, you can really feel that there is no replacement for displacement, though the santa fe struggles for a bit when pushed fully loaded, around 2,000 rpm, the torque comes out with one big wallop.

i prefer driving the 3.2 everest when fully loaded, halos walang pinagbago sa "bigat" because of the big fat engine. torque is instant. but of course the santa fe is still faster, it's just that the 3.2l engine feels more fun to drive.

same feel siguro itong 2.0 bi turbo. small displacement engine but super powerful.

5 cylinder diesels are rare. it will be missed.
    I want to see the torque curves for the turbo and bi-turbos. I'm hoping their baseline was the 3.2 for the bi turbo, if so 450nm is available at 1250rpm...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I want to see the torque curves for the turbo and bi-turbos. I'm hoping their baseline was the 3.2 for the bi turbo, if so 450nm is available at 1250rpm...

Sa ford ko lang na experience during wide open throttle (everest 3.2), the transmission shifts at 3k rpm or less (as far as i can remember) just at peak torque. Unlike other turbodiesels, it shifts near redline or peak power

I tried manual mode and shifted just before redline, there's practically nothing beyond 3krpm. Almost no torque.

I guess built for towing talaga ang mga ford not for speed.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Sa ford ko lang na experience during wide open throttle (everest 3.2), the transmission shifts at 3k rpm or less (as far as i can remember) just at peak torque. Unlike other turbodiesels, it shifts near redline or peak power

I tried manual mode and shifted just before redline, there's practically nothing beyond 3krpm. Almost no torque.

I guess built for towing talaga ang mga ford not for speed.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    yan din sabi ni yebo. mga 3.2 owners

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast