New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 198 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sabi nga nila pag naka motor ka parang yung isang paa mo nasa hukay na. Kaya ang tagal ko naring gustong bumili ng motor kaso madaming compromises.
    by the way vinj, share mo naman secret mo sa eve kung papano napapatipid. yung last full tank ko may kasama pang trip to clark pampanga and some city driving. ang nakuha ko lang mileage 6km/liter.Petron diesel max kasi karga ko, baka yun siguro ang culprit. ever since kasi sa iisang gas station lang ako naglalagay. ang only consolation ko is ang 1 full tank ko lasts me 3 weeks dahil nga sa sobrang short trips hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Style sa pagtitipid? I drive with a very light foot when i accelerate from standstill then when the car is moving with enough momentum, i sometimes gas it a bit to get it up to speed then flick the pedal to force an upshift. I really work a lot on keeping the momentum and high gears in, basically keeping distance between cars in front of myself, looking way ahead to see if i need to slow down already or what lane to take. Mabigat si Everest so slowing down and acclerating is really hard on the fuel mileage (especially when you're always at low speeds with rpms below the turbo operation range since the engine is taxed at that point). On the highway, if you noticed the Everest also has this tendency to switch to an overdrive gear at around 80kph wherein the rpm dips low to a good cruising range...

Try driving the car hard once in a while to clear up the carbon buildup, thats also good in making the engine run lighter. I also used biodiesel from time to time to help keep the fuel lines clean (i would sometimes add a bottle or two of bioD before i would go out on a long trip).

With the same driving habits i can cajole around 6-7km/L in the city with our 2.0 Escape (and yet another gas guzzler) and anywhere between 8-10 on the highway depending on the type of roads i pass.

On gas, most of the time we would use either Diesel Max (Petron Greenhills or C5) or Shell (Katipunan-Blue Ridge). Oil was usually Petron Trekker 15W-40... the CASA would usually use monograde (40W) Shell oil which felt really heavy on the engine.

On a sidenote, if budget permits and if i come over a good unit, we might consider getting an Eve again (4x4 m/t version) =) I saw one before (4x4 a/t) being sold at a realy good price by an Australian with a Pinay wife, sayang lang we did not have the extra funds that time.
    Last edited by vinj; April 20th, 2007 at 10:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    GUYS...

Tanong naman, need ko info kasi...

FUEL CONSUMPTION ON THE NEW EVEREST 2007, A/T 4x2?

Thanks alot guys.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Around 8km/L for City, around 11Km/L po for Highway.

Pero mas matpid pa rin po yung Manual.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just got my White Everest '07 2.5l A/T.

Thanks for the reviews guys!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pictures naman po dyan wonderloo

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi guys!

just wondering if the new everst models are already VGT-equipped (varaible geometry turbocharger) ? naka lagaya kasi sa brochure nila that it has for both 4x4 & 4x2? thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi everest owners! how's your everest by the way??? tanong ko lang mga bossing pwede bang palitan ung headunit ng everest 2007?? sana pwede syang palitan.. kung hindi pwede palitan sana magawan ng paraan hehe..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Musta guys...

ito nga pla pic. pagpasensyahan nyo na marumi, inakyat ko kasi ng Bondoc Peninsula.

pagpasensyahan nyo na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Boomtang, ako nga...need brighter lights...lalo na pag gabi.
    D ko naman alam pag pede HID dito.

:insomnia: Malabo kasi mata ko.

Ford Everest [Merged]