Apr 2004
    Sir's and Madam's

I just had my first diesel SUV - and i am not really familiar
    with the diesel car maintenance, so need expert opinions and
    advise the do's and don't's--thanks...

Also I had my everest do the 1k KM check-up at ford libis,
    but seems that i am not satisfied with what they did... the service
    advisor just told me... they just checked the tires - and tire pressure
    and check all other things... there were no checklist presented to me in documented form..
    so i really dont know whether all the things listed in my warranty card was done properly and was checked properly... and i was also charged 700pesos for the complete wash....but still not satisfied since my interior was not properly vacuumed...and my exterior have still wet spots and my tires i think are still dirty...but the engine wash was a bit ok....
    The service advisor also told me ..to if i wanted in my 5k KM check up, that my everest have a undercoat and rustproof (arnd 8k pesos)--is this advisable???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to remember that new engines will require change oil on the first 1,000kms. New parts have small bits that blend with oil. I don't know about the newer generation, maybe they had all the parts fit that doesn't require you to change oil.

To have a peace of mind, you can have it changed at any gas station or service center that are familiar to you. This will require new oil filter(s) and new batch of oils poured in. The next change oil will be on 5,000kms. You don't need to follow the tire pressure per se, weekly routines such as checking lights, tire air pressure, water coolant levels water reservoir washer and wipers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats on your new ride...

ano ang feedback mo sa everest mo?

4x4 ba? any comments?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    4x2 everest

regarding ride performance and comfort

malakas naman makina mga 3rd gear 2500rpm nasa 60-70kph,
    at 2000rpm mag-kick in na intercooler so maramdaman mo ang hatak...
    hindi naman ganun ka-tag-tag its tolerable and hindi ma-alog ang kambyo....when turning..ok ang response...hindi nangi-nginig ang steering wheel.

hopefully wala naman maging problem....cguro Preventive Maintenance Service lang talaga para maiwasan ang major problems....

observation ko lang.... when im on the driver seat
    feeling ko mababa ang passenger front suspension....pero baka feeling ko lang yun kasi mataas talaga clearance ng harap ng everest....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    topgun..dito ka na rin pala eh.

basta sundin mo lang ung regular PMS.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    na drive ko yan everest sa ford everest test drive sa marikina. super tahimik ng interior, ang luwag ng leg room, pati third row seat maluwag. malakas ang makina. the only thing na notice ko (hindi ko alam beforehand) matatag siya kasi leaf spring siya. if you're used to driving a coil sprung vehicle mapapansin mo agad ito. oh BTW yun dash pala niya masyadong simple for a 2004 model. pero for it's price ayos na ayos lang

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Any suggestions where in marikina area or nearby cities
    that are Best, Very Reliable and Also Friendly Auto Shop's
    for Diesel Units - Need to have other options other than CASA
    for my usual Maintenance of my Ford Everest.

thanks in advance again...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by topgun1
    Sir's and Madam's

The service advisor also told me ..to if i wanted in my 5k KM check up, that my everest have a undercoat and rustproof (arnd 8k pesos)--is this advisable???
    sa 8K pesos, up to what years ang warranty?

with that amount, sa ziebart na lang ako papa-full rust proof, baka abot ng 9K sa everest.. at lifetime warranty pa po, normally po ang rust mag start from 5th year pa.. pero pwede din hindi na pa-rust proof dahil meron na yan sa factory pa lang..
    or pwede din undercoating lang ipalagay kung nagtitipid..

sa maintenance, just make sure na ibalik sa casa every 5K pms para hindi ma-void ang warranty..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by topgun1
    4x2 everest

regarding ride performance and comfort

malakas naman makina mga 3rd gear 2500rpm nasa 60-70kph,
    at 2000rpm mag-kick in na intercooler so maramdaman mo ang hatak...

WOW!

Ford Everest Maintenance