New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    even if toyota strips down its cars, people will still come in droves to buy them. that's why. their reputation is selling their cars without much help.
    you can get away with many things, if you're king of the hill.
    my opinion.
    Hahaha yeah and I'm one of them who bought a Toyota Ford Everest 3.2L problems

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    even if toyota strips down its cars, people will still come in droves to buy them. that's why. their reputation is selling their cars without much help.
    you can get away with many things, if you're king of the hill.
    my opinion.
    that's true selling like hotcakes parin ang toyota vehicles kahit stripped out in the past.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    that's true selling like hotcakes parin ang toyota vehicles kahit stripped out in the past.
    Kahit ung NGOs-only base spec na non-D4D diesel na Fortuner standard ung rear cam meanwile kahit ung top of the line na fortuner additional padin ng rear cam dito nakakagulat nga at naisipan pa nilang ipasok ung 2.8 na diesel.

Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings (TGS) - 4x4 vehicles for aid agencies

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    Kahit ung NGOs-only base spec na non-D4D diesel na Fortuner standard ung rear cam meanwile kahit ung top of the line na fortuner additional padin ng rear cam dito nakakagulat nga at naisipan pa nilang ipasok ung 2.8 na diesel.

2020 fortuner mag price increase pa daw Ford Everest 3.2L problems

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019

capture.jpg

5L-E. This is really a jurassic engine. Pero very reliable. Baka yung fuel quality nila di kaya ng GD / KD D4D engines. Kaparehas pa ata ng engine nito yung old hiace at hilux noong 90's. Pero kahit 5L lang yung makina merong siyang difflock

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    capture.jpg

5L-E. This is really a jurassic engine. Pero very reliable. Baka yung fuel quality nila di kaya ng GD / KD D4D engines. Kaparehas pa ata ng engine nito yung old hiace at hilux noong 90's. Pero kahit 5L lang yung makina merong siyang difflock
    yep its the 5l from the hiace of the early 2000s with an electronic throttle grafted in even the prado(adding full time 4wd as well) is offered with one.Its likely for fuel quality concerns since the 5L-E is offered alondside the 1KD(Prado)/1GD(fortuner).Servicing probably comes into play as well since the 5L-E and the G5xF transmission would be familiar to mechanics in Africa where these units will probably be deployed as they can be found in the hilux of early 2000s as well as the revo's outdoorsy alter ego.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    yep its the 5l from the hiace of the early 2000s with an electronic throttle grafted in even the prado(adding full time 4wd as well) is offered with one.Its likely for fuel quality concerns since the 5L-E is offered alondside the 1KD(Prado)/1GD(fortuner).Servicing probably comes into play as well since the 5L-E and the G5xF transmission would be familiar to mechanics in Africa where these units will probably be deployed as they can be found in the hilux of early 2000s as well as the revo's outdoorsy alter ego.

mga late 99's to 2005 pala yung hiace with the 5L engine without the efi. Notice ko rin below the steering column the 5L-E Fort already had OBD2 updated na rin yung engibne. Buti pa sa kanila standard na sa Fortuner yung 2.8L 1GD engine pero they don't have a 4x2 option and the 2GD 2.4L engine. Lahat 4x4s even the old 5L-E. Meron palang 4x4 yung revo sa south africa?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Myogi View Post
    I'm just wondering if any Ford Everest owners have experience the same problem I did recently.

I have a 2017 Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium - automatic transmission with 43,000 kms mileage. So I was travelling along Ortigas last Wednesday when my car suddenly stalled on the road, with the engine still running but the car won't move on 'D' or 'R'. Thanks to the traffic enforcer of San Juan City, he was nice enough to help me push the car to the nearest parking lot until the tow truck I called arrived. My car is currently at Ford Greenhills, waiting for their final assessment, but their initial findings were torque converter and automatic transmission was the cause. I have yet to wait for the final feedback. Prior to the recent event, I have experienced last Nov and Dec 2019 that my car engine shuts off by itself when approaching full stop. It turns on again when I start the vehicle. Transmission was also shifting smoothly, but, I am noticing unusual sounds coming from underneath the car prior to the unfortunate event. Early last year, the sensor for adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist was replaced under warranty.

I am the first owner and my car is FORD CASA maintained since Day 1. I have tried posting in other car clubs to get inputs but they have removed my post because they thought I was giving Ford and Ford Everest a bad image. Honestly, I believe this is just an isolated case, and I was just trying to get inputs if anyone has experienced the problem I did so I'll know how to go about from here.

I was told by FORD CASA it will only take 2-3 days if there are parts available and 3 weeks to 1 month waiting time if there are none. good luck to me.

Any inputs will be appreciated. TIA
    Deym! I have the same unit as yours and same age too. I only use my Everest on my monthly trip to Ilocos Norte. I hope it will never give me surprises along the way. My Everest is already at 20k odo reading.

BTW, how did you avail of the extended warranty?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    mga late 99's to 2005 pala yung hiace with the 5L engine without the efi. Notice ko rin below the steering column the 5L-E Fort already had OBD2 updated na rin yung engibne. Buti pa sa kanila standard na sa Fortuner yung 2.8L 1GD engine pero they don't have a 4x2 option and the 2GD 2.4L engine. Lahat 4x4s even the old 5L-E. Meron palang 4x4 yung revo sa south africa?
    siguro dahil for remote operations kaya lahat 4x4 for non offroad duties hiace ang ginagamit ? Toyota thailand meron available both engines as both 2wd/4wd.Dalawang market lang ata binenta ung 4wd na revos sa africa and taiwan pero feature set wise mas lamang ung taiwan spec dahil dual aircon plus standard na ung antilock brakes and driver airbag pag 4wd variant kinuha mong taiwan spec na revo and pre 2003 models walang power mirrors ung african models.
    Grade Fortuner - Toyota Motor Thailand

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    siguro dahil for remote operations kaya lahat 4x4 for non offroad duties hiace ang ginagamit ? Toyota thailand meron available both engines as both 2wd/4wd.Dalawang market lang ata binenta ung 4wd na revos sa africa and taiwan pero feature set wise mas lamang ung taiwan spec dahil dual aircon plus standard na ung antilock brakes and driver airbag pag 4wd variant kinuha mong taiwan spec na revo and pre 2003 models walang power mirrors ung african models.
    Grade Fortuner - Toyota Motor Thailand
    THDM kahit 2.4L may 4x4 din. Just checked the site. Sana magkaroon ng 4x4 yung PHDM 2.4L Fort kahit G variant lang
    Hiace at Altis yung mga pang non offroad duties sa kanila. Even their Hilux has no 4x2 option.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Everest 3.2L problems