New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Myogi View Post
    I'm just wondering if any Ford Everest owners have experience the same problem I did recently.

I have a 2017 Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium - automatic transmission with 43,000 kms mileage. So I was travelling along Ortigas last Wednesday when my car suddenly stalled on the road, with the engine still running but the car won't move on 'D' or 'R'. Thanks to the traffic enforcer of San Juan City, he was nice enough to help me push the car to the nearest parking lot until the tow truck I called arrived. My car is currently at Ford Greenhills, waiting for their final assessment, but their initial findings were torque converter and automatic transmission was the cause. I have yet to wait for the final feedback. Prior to the recent event, I have experienced last Nov and Dec 2019 that my car engine shuts off by itself when approaching full stop. It turns on again when I start the vehicle. Transmission was also shifting smoothly, but, I am noticing unusual sounds coming from underneath the car prior to the unfortunate event. Early last year, the sensor for adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist was replaced under warranty.

I am the first owner and my car is FORD CASA maintained since Day 1. I have tried posting in other car clubs to get inputs but they have removed my post because they thought I was giving Ford and Ford Everest a bad image. Honestly, I believe this is just an isolated case, and I was just trying to get inputs if anyone has experienced the problem I did so I'll know how to go about from here.

I was told by FORD CASA it will only take 2-3 days if there are parts available and 3 weeks to 1 month waiting time if there are none. good luck to me.

Any inputs will be appreciated. TIA
    buti na lang under warranty pa. torque converter price sa casa ay 216k hehehehe.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Mine is Trend 2017. Experienced the same problem with transmission. I had it replaced in CASA, happened last year January 2019 with 19k odo. They said its an isolated case. But now as the number of the same case increases, i dont think so. I sold the unit last month after 1 year of replacement since we felt some jerking. Had it check to CASA again, they said it is not related to the replaced transmission and that they had it checked overall.

Now im planning to buy the 4x2 titanium. But hearing this again.. and this time with the titanium variant .. i guess i have to think twice, thrice or even more 😬 now im confuse what to buy 😟

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijcc View Post
    Mine is Trend 2017. Experienced the same problem with transmission. I had it replaced in CASA, happened last year January 2019 with 19k odo. They said its an isolated case. But now as the number of the same case increases, i dont think so. I sold the unit last month after 1 year of replacement since we felt some jerking. Had it check to CASA again, they said it is not related to the replaced transmission and that they had it checked overall.

Now im planning to buy the 4x2 titanium. But hearing this again.. and this time with the titanium variant .. i guess i have to think twice, thrice or even more [emoji51] now im confuse what to buy [emoji45]
    There are other options naman sir like fortuner, Montero, mux and Terra, try mo naman iba if you're in doubt, just my 2 cents.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    There are other options naman sir like fortuner, Montero, mux and Terra, try mo naman iba if you're in doubt, just my 2 cents.

Thank you sir. Yes im doing some research
    Fortuner is i think way behind specially in technology and safety. But of course, toyota is toyota, reliability and resale value

Montero if sanay ka na sa everest, masyado maliit esp ang cargo

Terra even top of the line is drum brake

Ang hirap 😬

Everest interior, exterior all the best. But been losing confidence now :-(

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not consider a midsize 7-seater unibody crossover with a diesel engine? A Sorento 4x2 CRDi at 1.8M can do very much what these PPVs can do without the truck-like ride.

Or maybe the CRV diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; February 4th, 2020 at 09:19 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijcc View Post
    Thank you sir. Yes im doing some research
    Fortuner is i think way behind specially in technology and safety. But of course, toyota is toyota, reliability and resale value

Montero if sanay ka na sa everest, masyado maliit esp ang cargo

Terra even top of the line is drum brake

Ang hirap ��

Everest interior, exterior all the best. But been losing confidence now :-(
    Wait for the midlife update of the fortuner. It is expected to have auto emergency braking, 360 camera and a lot more stuff..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Wait for the midlife update of the fortuner. It is expected to have auto emergency braking, 360 camera and a lot more stuff..
    Hopefully!!! Hope Toyota Philippines won't stripped it down.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Hopefully!!! Hope Toyota Philippines won't stripped it down.

and get rid of the crap avt head units sana. Bring back the original OEM toyota hu like in other countries

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    and get rid of the crap avt head units sana. Bring back the original OEM toyota hu like in other countries
    I agree bro, kaya I don't get it why Toyota strips down their unit, ano akala nila sa pinoy walang pera?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I agree bro, kaya I don't get it why Toyota strips down their unit, ano akala nila sa pinoy walang pera?

even if toyota strips down its cars, people will still come in droves to buy them. that's why. their reputation is selling their cars without much help.
    you can get away with many things, if you're king of the hill.
    my opinion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Everest 3.2L problems