New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm just wondering if any Ford Everest owners have experience the same problem I did recently.

I have a 2017 Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium - automatic transmission with 43,000 kms mileage. So I was travelling along Ortigas last Wednesday when my car suddenly stalled on the road, with the engine still running but the car won't move on 'D' or 'R'. Thanks to the traffic enforcer of San Juan City, he was nice enough to help me push the car to the nearest parking lot until the tow truck I called arrived. My car is currently at Ford Greenhills, waiting for their final assessment, but their initial findings were torque converter and automatic transmission was the cause. I have yet to wait for the final feedback. Prior to the recent event, I have experienced last Nov and Dec 2019 that my car engine shuts off by itself when approaching full stop. It turns on again when I start the vehicle. Transmission was also shifting smoothly, but, I am noticing unusual sounds coming from underneath the car prior to the unfortunate event. Early last year, the sensor for adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist was replaced under warranty.

I am the first owner and my car is FORD CASA maintained since Day 1. I have tried posting in other car clubs to get inputs but they have removed my post because they thought I was giving Ford and Ford Everest a bad image. Honestly, I believe this is just an isolated case, and I was just trying to get inputs if anyone has experienced the problem I did so I'll know how to go about from here.

I was told by FORD CASA it will only take 2-3 days if there are parts available and 3 weeks to 1 month waiting time if there are none. good luck to me.

Any inputs will be appreciated. TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a 2016 3.2 everest titanium. It started having shift shock from 2nd to 3rd to 4th gears and 3rd to 2nd gear on the 3rd year. Since i've read before of transmission issues and just 2 months more and it was going out of warranty, i sold the car right away.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    May isang member din here na may transmission problem.. tinirik din sya sa isang madilim na lugar

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I had a 2016 3.2 everest titanium. It started having shift shock from 2nd to 3rd to 4th gears and 3rd to 2nd gear on the 3rd year. Since i've read before of transmission issues and just 2 months more and it was going out of warranty, i sold the car right away.
    good thing I was able to purchase 2 years extended warranty last year. skato, meron din ako warranty claim sa mechanism ng chair, if walang warranty it will cost 100k plus daw. Buti na lang, I got it. Problem, ang tagal ng parts kaki limited din parts availability.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    May isang member din here na may transmission problem.. tinirik din sya sa isang madilim na lugar
    what year was his Everest?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Myogi View Post
    good thing I was able to purchase 2 years extended warranty last year. skato, meron din ako warranty claim sa mechanism ng chair, if walang warranty it will cost 100k plus daw. Buti na lang, I got it. Problem, ang tagal ng parts kaki limited din parts availability.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

what year was his Everest?
    Oh my, I had no idea the Everest is prone to such problems. And Asian Fords were supposed to have better parts availability than American Fords. Lemon unit perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I'm just wondering if any Ford Everest owners have experience the same problem I did recently.

I have a 2017 Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium - automatic transmission with 43,000 kms mileage. So I was travelling along Ortigas last Wednesday when my car suddenly stalled on the road, with the engine still running but the car won't move on 'D' or 'R'. Thanks to the traffic enforcer of San Juan City, he was nice enough to help me push the car to the nearest parking lot until the tow truck I called arrived. My car is currently at Ford Greenhills, waiting for their final assessment, but their initial findings were torque converter and automatic transmission was the cause. I have yet to wait for the final feedback. Prior to the recent event, I have experienced last Nov and Dec 2019 that my car engine shuts off by itself when approaching full stop. It turns on again when I start the vehicle. Transmission was also shifting smoothly, but, I am noticing unusual sounds coming from underneath the car prior to the unfortunate event. Early last year, the sensor for adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist was replaced under warranty.

I am the first owner and my car is FORD CASA maintained since Day 1. I have tried posting in other car clubs to get inputs but they have removed my post because they thought I was giving Ford and Ford Everest a bad image. Honestly, I believe this is just an isolated case, and I was just trying to get inputs if anyone has experienced the problem I did so I'll know how to go about from here.

I was told by FORD CASA it will only take 2-3 days if there are parts available and 3 weeks to 1 month waiting time if there are none. good luck to me.

Any inputs will be appreciated. TIA
    my kakilala's everest stalled.
    when the towtruck came, the guy simply went under and after "re-connecting something", the car ran.
    plastic piyeza daw yung na-tanggalan, and so the owner brought it to the casa for part replacement the next day, as it might re-disconnect again...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my kakilala's everest stalled.
    when the towtruck came, the guy simply went under and after "re-connecting something", the car ran.
    plastic piyeza daw yung na-tanggalan, and so the owner brought it to the casa for part replacement the next day, as it might re-disconnect again...

thanks. CASA hasn't called to update me.. When I called last Friday and today, the service adviser is always busy or away from the desk and does not return my call....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    thanks. CASA hasn't called to update me.. When I called last Friday and today, the service adviser is always busy or away from the desk and does not return my call....
    That's not a good sign, sir.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ganyan naman talaga mga SERVICE ADVISOR regardless of the BRAND. I've experienced it with TOYOTA, MITSU and FORD. The only way na mabigyan ka nila feedback is to let them know you're pissed off and make sure to get in-touch with their IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR or call FORD PHILIPPINES CUSTOMER SERVICE.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Ganyan naman talaga mga SERVICE ADVISOR regardless of the BRAND. I've experienced it with TOYOTA, MITSU and FORD. The only way na mabigyan ka nila feedback is to let them know your pissed off and make sure to get in-touch with their IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR.
    In my experience, they're like that, sir, if they're deliberately hiding something. Hope I'm wrong in this case.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ford Everest 3.2L problems