New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    grabe naman kumain ng gas... baka naman naka lock yung 4WD mode kaya ganun? lumalabas kasi parang kasing takaw niya ang mga V8 engines eh
    Sana nga ginaya yun mode ng xtrail, may 4x2, automatic, and full time 4x4 mode yun switch ng escape.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    I usually get mixed milage feedbacks on every particular car whose difference are sometimes quite big. I've been itching to ask this question in other forums for quite some time now :secret: : Just my curiosity, are you the only one driving your Escape when you computed for your milage and is this the average?

I'm not questioning your credibility as I now the V6 is a guzzler compared to others in its class. Some report a 5-6km/li consumption and up to 10km/li on hiways but I think the deviation is a bit big at 3.5 to 5 or 6km/li (30%), dont you think?

Here's the point I'm driving at: Usually people (not saying its you) claim a low milage on their vehicle but they are not the ones driving it only. Seldom do people indicate that they have chauffers to drive them around. While driving habits do affect the milage of a vehicle, I believe it's more of the sleeping habits :Needsleeep: of the chauffer that consumes most of the gas while waiting for the master :naughty2:
    I don't have a driver and I'm the only one using it. I usually have total 3 persons on board. My byahe is pasig-makati-paranaque and back, always during rush hour. The 3.5km/liter was achieved thrice in 2.5yrs. Most of the time it's in between 4.2 to 4.6km/liter. Strictly no highway driving. My speedo is correct because i checked it against a gps and a dyno. I have the correct sized tires based on US specs unlike stock escapes here which have an inch smaller diameter (faster reading).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by C24 View Post
    I don't have a driver and I'm the only one using it. I usually have total 3 persons on board. My byahe is pasig-makati-paranaque and back, always during rush hour. The 3.5km/liter was achieved thrice in 2.5yrs. Most of the time it's in between 4.2 to 4.6km/liter. Strictly no highway driving. My speedo is correct because i checked it against a gps and a dyno. I have the correct sized tires based on US specs unlike stock escapes here which have an inch smaller diameter (faster reading).
    wow! you really tested the power of v6 using an engine tester? what's the result?Have you driven an 2.5l xtrail? How"s it compared to v6?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's definitely possible in those conditions, then... Paranaque traffic sucks hard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well, given your attention to details, I must say that your computation should be accurate enough I am not familiar with the traffic in Parana'Q as I seldom go there during rush hours but it sure does'nt sound good.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    The gps showed an average speed of 14km PER HOUR for my daily trips! :rant:

pasig to makati takes at least 45min via edsa, then makati to paranaque around 30min.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    wow! you really tested the power of v6 using an engine tester? what's the result?Have you driven an 2.5l xtrail? How"s it compared to v6?
    very disappointing! the total whp (front & rear) came out to only 135ish (can't find my dyno sheet) while yung kasabay ko na crv (6spd manual ata) w/ type R engine nasa 200 whp na! The owner gave me a ride, ang layo ng performance! Lampaso ang V6 escape! Swerte nakabili noon, P1.2M lang ata nung binenta.

Didn't try a 250X. Did you test drive a forester XT?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    very disappointing! the total whp (front & rear) came out to only 135ish (can't find my dyno sheet) while yung kasabay ko na crv (6spd manual ata) w/ type R engine nasa 200 whp na! The owner gave me a ride, ang layo ng performance! Lampaso ang V6 escape! Swerte nakabili noon, P1.2M lang ata nung binenta.

Didn't try a 250X. Did you test drive a forester XT?
    Layo nga sa declared nila! Pero di ko masyado alam mga technical readings na ganyan e, sa driving ko lang pinakiramdaman yung power. Yung crv
    imported ba yun na test? Di ko na try forester e, pero tinanong ko price 2liters nasa P1.2m mahigit at 2.5liters turbo nasa P1.6m mahigit nga!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a quick question: The Escape comes with an immobilizer as factory standard and has no alarm function, right? How does this work ba, if somebody opens the door, no alarm will sound. If I got my keys duplicated outside, will this key work?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    I have a quick question: The Escape comes with an immobilizer as factory standard and has no alarm function, right? How does this work ba, if somebody opens the door, no alarm will sound. If I got my keys duplicated outside, will this key work?
    When you forced open a locked door, the horn will sound, and engine will not start using other keys except factory programmed keys. But never tried it yet.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ford Escape V6 Owners [Thread]