New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mga sir, help naman po kasi we lost our duplicate / spare key and remote for our 2005 ford escape. any idea po saan maka pa duplicate kasi may chip sa loob kaya hindi pwede ordinary duplicate...thanks po ng marami

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa dealer... They can make one for you pero obviously mahal...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Sa dealer... They can make one for you pero obviously mahal...
    last option ko nga sa dealer ko sa caite sir pero sana may alternative. i saw in SM cebu befre but i fogot the cost. ng nag ayos sa haus d na namin makita yung spare key at remote

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    last option ko nga sa dealer ko sa caite sir pero sana may alternative. i saw in SM cebu befre but i fogot the cost. ng nag ayos sa haus d na namin makita yung spare key at remote
    I'm not sure the 2005 Escape, but on the newer models if you start the engine with the duplicate key which made from Mr.Quickie, till 20 meters lang itatakbo nito then the engine suddenly shutting down. That's what I've heard on FCP forum.

Sa dealer ka na po kumuha para sure. Php 13,000 daw po ang price nito sabi ng isang member namin.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The problem is IMMOBILIZER. Kung makopya man yung key the code for the immobilizer can't be copied...

In newer Ford cars (like the Fiesta) yung key parang switch blade na so even the key itself can't be copied...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The problem is IMMOBILIZER. Kung makopya man yung key the code for the immobilizer can't be copied...

In newer Ford cars (like the Fiesta) yung key parang switch blade na so even the key itself can't be copied...
    Ganito na rin ba susi ng Fiesta?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah, something like that...

What Mazda key is that for?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ^ Dito ko lang din nakuha yung pic na yan. For mazda 6 sabi ng owner pero ganyan rin itsura ng susi for Mazda 3.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    ang alam ko pag immobilizer, hindi mag sstart ung engine eh.. nor tatakbo for 20 mtrs.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    This is my own philosophy when it comes to keys, even house keys:

Once you lose one, your security is already breached. If someone took them they will now be able enter your car/house easily.

I immediately change the locks for which the lost keys were for.

In the case of your car keys, I would immediately go to the dealer, have them erase the computer's memory regarding the lost key and have a new one done.

If you are willing to have the cloud of doubt that the keys fell into criminal hands hanging over your head, you can wait a while and maybe the keys will eventually show up.

It is really a personal thing, but me I put great weight on safety and security. In addition to the built-in security of the Fiesta, I also have a "batuta" steering lock. This adds another "layer" of delay for would be carnappers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FORD ESCAPE key duplicate