New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys. The check emission sign on my 2005 Ford Escpae 2.3 recently went on. I brought it to Ford Alabang and they hooked it up to a computer and they said it was an oxygen sensor problem. There are two I understant (upstream and downstream). They re-set it and was told to observe but after driving for around an hour it came back. I am planning to buy a sensor at MazFord already c/o Roger but a mechanic told me that it might not be just a sensor problem but rather a leaking hose or dirty filter. I was made to understand that the check emission light/O2 sensor would only be activated if they is "rancid" fuel that was incorporated into my system. Would it be a good idea to just replace the sensor since that what the computer says? Please help me fellow Ford owners. Thank you very much

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Normally ECU diagnostics are accurate so yes if the computer says that your O2 sensor has a problem then replace that...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you. Its the check engine warning but upon checking the manual, it pertains to an emission or check emission problem. Thanks for the input. Registered as a member of escapezone to get the inputs of other escape owners but have not received my confirmatory email. Again, thank you

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drkiko View Post
    Thank you. Its the check engine warning but upon checking the manual, it pertains to an emission or check emission problem. Thanks for the input. Registered as a member of escapezone to get the inputs of other escape owners but have not received my confirmatory email. Again, thank you
    sir just follow the advise of the casa, also you may want to consider checking your spark plug, air filter and fuel filter which normally should be change every 40k kms (according to ford SA) also if you will do some mainteance you may want to include your MAF sensor for cleaing as well. try to visit the link http://forum.fordclubph.com and register.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thank you for the advice. May i be educated on what MAF stands for? Thanks again

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drkiko View Post
    thank you for the advice. May i be educated on what MAF stands for? Thanks again
    sir its mass airflow system...baka sakali how about the air filter ?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I change the oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and changed the oil today at Mazford Banawe care of the mechanic there (Chris). I told him about the check engine/emission warning. He just unhooked the battery then put it back in and the check engine/emission warning was gone. I was told to observe for now. I drove for about an hour and it came back. Thinking of replacing the oxygen sensor already but how do i know if its the upstream or downstream sensor when the OBD just says O2 sensor? I talked to Chris about cleaning the MAF sensor but he did not seem to have an idea where it was. Can you recommend another mechanic or good shop to address this problem? Thanks again for all the help

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Was able to fix my check engine/emission problem. Replaced the upstream oxygen sensor. Got it at Fordland banawe for half the price. Ford Edsa sells the sensor for 11.5k. DEBEST Autofix in Alabang did the replacement. Hope this can help some of the members w/ similar problems. Thanks again

Ford Escape Check Emission Warning On