New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sirs,

Just bought a 2nd hand 2009 Ford Escape. Everything still works as if brand new, except for some minor annoyances.

Previous owner installed some after-market items outside of Ford, such as after market cheapo alarm and 2DIN TV. I figured that the wiring that they did for these items must have been all that good since a lot of the electricals in the cabin are now malfunctioning (i.e. central locking does not work, gauges and lights in gauges).

I want to bring it to the dealer to have them sort it out, but for sure, since this will no longer be covered by the warranty, they'll charge an arm and a leg to get it sorted.

Any ideas or recos for a good shop that can fix this problem? No issues naman except that it's kind of irritating to manually lock/unlock the doors and the gauges and indicator lights in the gauges malfunctioning.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    have a good accessories shop in banawe take a good look at it na lang. kasi sa casa they will do the same thing and then charge a markup which will be pretty hefty (most casas dont have a dedicated electrician, outsourced karamihan).

the escape has a factory alarm system, why was this removed? and bihira maaprektuhan ng faulty accessory wiring ang gauge lights. usually pag grounded lang. at pag grounded, i'm pretty sure na ondoy yan (which could explain why bago din ang stereo at walang alarm - eto nasisira pag nababaha. the ecu is sealed).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    have a good accessories shop in banawe take a good look at it na lang. kasi sa casa they will do the same thing and then charge a markup which will be pretty hefty (most casas dont have a dedicated electrician, outsourced karamihan).

the escape has a factory alarm system, why was this removed? and bihira maaprektuhan ng faulty accessory wiring ang gauge lights. usually pag grounded lang. at pag grounded, i'm pretty sure na ondoy yan (which could explain why bago din ang stereo at walang alarm - eto nasisira pag nababaha. the ecu is sealed).
    Not so sure kung bakit pinalitan ung alarm and stereo. Never got to talk to the owner of the car kasi I bought this from a Company kasi dati naka-assign to one of their employees who left the country already. Company guaranteed na di na-Ondoy and from my inspection, no tell tale signs that the car was flooded.

I read in another forum na accessories shop like Roadstar, di papayag na kabitan ng after-market alarm ang Escape kasi nga daw magloloko ang central locking and other electricals sa cabin. May nagkwento pa sa akin na nag-pa install ng backing sensor sa Roadstar, inilawan ng CEL.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    obviously an Ondoy survivor car.

electrical problems, just name it, na-ondoy na iyan sigurado.

ngayon before selling, sinabi siguro sa iyo nang owner na nag-install siya nang cheap alarm at bagong head unit tapos dinagdagan niya siguro nang salita na "ang pangit nang pagkakagawa nang wiring" to make you think na simple wiring nga lang ang problema.

a simple wiring (madali lang sa car accessories shop ito so maliit lang ang percent na magkamali pa sila) hindi dapat madadali ang lights and gauges mo. eksakto, 2009 model pa yung Escape mo. kay bago-bago binenta kaagad ang car hehe.

hulaan ko po ang Reason for Selling niya:

1. Leaving the Philippines (mag-aabroad)
    2. Will upgrade to a bigger car

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wouldn't go to banaue for that kind of problem, I'd look for a good if not the best electirician I could find and have him sort out your electrical problem. Di porke maganda pwesto magaling gumawa. based on my experience. Its probably just a grounded wire, nothing major.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wouldn't go to banaue for that kind of problem, I'd look for a good if not the best electirician I could find and have him sort out your electrical problem. Di porke maganda pwesto magaling gumawa. based on my experience. Its probably just a grounded wire, nothing major.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    obviously an Ondoy survivor car.

electrical problems, just name it, na-ondoy na iyan sigurado.

ngayon before selling, sinabi siguro sa iyo nang owner na nag-install siya nang cheap alarm at bagong head unit tapos dinagdagan niya siguro nang salita na "ang pangit nang pagkakagawa nang wiring" to make you think na simple wiring nga lang ang problema.

a simple wiring (madali lang sa car accessories shop ito so maliit lang ang percent na magkamali pa sila) hindi dapat madadali ang lights and gauges mo. eksakto, 2009 model pa yung Escape mo. kay bago-bago binenta kaagad ang car hehe.

hulaan ko po ang Reason for Selling niya:

1. Leaving the Philippines (mag-aabroad)
    2. Will upgrade to a bigger car
    Sir, di ko ito directly binili from the owner. This was a Company issued car and the executive na pinagbigyan, nag-abroad. So binenta nung Company. The Company assured me na di na-Ondoy and I have checked every nook and cranny nung kotse and walang tell tale signs of Ondoy (except maybe for the electrical problem).

Wala naman issues on how the car runs, ka-irita lang having to manually lock and unlock the doors, tapos may missing indicator lights sa instrumentation.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    I'll go with this advice.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by beastEK View Post
    Sir, di ko ito directly binili from the owner. This was a Company issued car and the executive na pinagbigyan, nag-abroad. So binenta nung Company. The Company assured me na di na-Ondoy and I have checked every nook and cranny nung kotse and walang tell tale signs of Ondoy (except maybe for the electrical problem).

Wala naman issues on how the car runs, ka-irita lang having to manually lock and unlock the doors, tapos may missing indicator lights sa instrumentation.
    Missing indicator lights most probably are just busted lights that need to replaced. Does the driver side lock via the remote?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Missing indicator lights most probably are just busted lights that need to replaced. Does the driver side lock via the remote?
    Yup. Actually all of the doors lock if it's the auto lock right after you start the car. If you use the remote, the rear doors won't lock. The lock/unlock switch for the central locking at the driver's arm rest doesn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Electrical/Wiring Problem