New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    saw a focus on display at ford balintawak.. really cool.. just find it inappropriate to have considering the floods we're having.. I more into Ford Ranger bring it on...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Aside from testing the "Active Park Assist" and "Active City Stop", is there a test drive included?
    I guess when the units are out in the showrooms na siguro.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    saw a focus on display at ford balintawak.. really cool.. just find it inappropriate to have considering the floods we're having.. I more into Ford Ranger bring it on...
    +1. I was a bit sore when the new Focus diesel didn't make it to our shores, but the last few days made me realize that a diesel vehicle means nothing if it isn't backed up by ground clearance and water wading capability. Which is why I'm now gunning for the Ranger T6 instead, at least until the new Everest is released.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    +1. I was a bit sore when the new Focus diesel didn't make it to our shores, but the last few days made me realize that a diesel vehicle means nothing if it isn't backed up by ground clearance and water wading capability. Which is why I'm now gunning for the Ranger T6 instead, at least until the new Everest is released.

One thing going for the Focus diesel was its performance. It a damned quick plus diesel is cheaper than gasoline.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    OT: do they still sell the old focus diesel? i test drove a few months ago and it's a blast. accelerates better than the wrx. Baka kasi may offer silang big discount sa remaining unsold units .

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    One thing going for the Focus diesel was its performance. It a damned quick plus diesel is cheaper than gasoline.
    More than the speed, it's the idea of a diesel car having almost as much pulling power as a Montero Sport that tickled my fancy. And yeah, even the fuel-saving features on the petrol Focus can't erase the fact that diesel still costs less per liter than gasoline.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    More than the speed, it's the idea of a diesel car having almost as much pulling power as a Montero Sport that tickled my fancy. And yeah, even the fuel-saving features on the petrol Focus can't erase the fact that diesel still costs less per liter than gasoline.
    The price difference between the previous petrol Focus and diesel Focus was around P192K, i did a computation a few months ago, if you travel around 10,000km a year, you will need 6 years until you start saving, because the moment you buy the Focus TDCi, you've already spent almost P200K extra over the petrol Focus.
    Another thing is, the PMS for the Focus TDCi or diesel vehicles in general are proportionally more expensive than that of the petrol version (casa or 3rd party shop).

The advantage of the Focus TDCi is really the torque/pulling power, then again if you don't plan on climbing mountains frequently with a full load of passengers and their luggage (assuming it would fit), I think a 2.0 liter petrol Focus should be good/quick enough.

The new Focus TDCi is not offered in ASEAN countries because due to low overall sales of diesel cars in the region, they cannot justify the development of a Euro-2 version of their new TDCi engine which is Euro-4.
    I believe that Euro-4 fuel still hasn't been mandated in most ASEAN countries even if some gas stations already offer them.
    Last edited by AG4; August 15th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I saw the new Focus coming last April, I was able to check the specs, watch a few video reviews in Youtube. Then last May, I still decided to buy a TDCi since the new Focus was gasoline which at that time PhP55 per liter. I love my TDCi, the torque is really excellent in overtaking. I took it on a 1,000 km road trip to Bicol and back. Got 16kms/liter on that trip, and that was not even not making an effort to be economical.
    Then last week, I was at Ford Global to have my TDCi serviced for it's free 5,000km check up, I finally saw the all new Focus in the flesh. It reminded me of my good old Lynx RS. The seats are waaay better, very supportive. Exterior looks better, the wheels are 17" stock, sunroof, better audio system, and most of all it had lights for the back seat. After 3 months with my TDCi, those were exactly what I was wishing for which were missing. So I'm starting to regret about not waiting to see it in the flesh first before deciding on a purchase. I was not able to test drive it, though. So I don't know how it accelerates or how it handles. I don't really care about the self park, and other new features, but it has the things which I was wishing a stock TDCi should have. The only thing that keeps me happy when I drive my car now is the fuel savings I get and the smile when I push the pedal. Or maybe I should start modding

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Siguro ang mahal ng simpleng fender bender nitong kotseng to kawawa namanung makakabangga he he. Sa dami ng sensors nito mapapaiyak ka sa mahal he he

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Saw the new focus in person for the first time and its gorgeous. Its smaller that I expected and a little cramped but it looks great. I was given a copy of the spec sheet and I dont get how come the Ambiente, Titanium and Sport have electronic power assist while the mid variant Trend has hydraulic power assist??

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ford debuts all-new Focus; Comes with all the toys you'll ever want