New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    We might be sharing the same problem with Malaysia. (I think I already posted this earlier)

Read More: All-New ASEAN Ford Focus | Motor Trader Car News

Unlike most who are asking about the TDCi model, the first question I asked about the new Focus when it was launched last week was if the 1.6 liter model will be offered with a manual transmission.
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Base Ambinete 1.6 sedan has a MT

Looks like Ford Philippines has a different reason for not offering a TDCi variant for the new Focus..... low sales.
    The article is wrong, AG4. According to the website of Ford Thailand, there is no TDCi engine available for the Thai market all new Focus. So it means that the whole ASEAN market will not be getting the TDCi engine for the all new Focus.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    wala siguro an sir. bago e. lalo na sa mga ginagawa ng mga dealer sa mga all-new units. look at the explorer and ranger. ayaw nila ibigay yung unit pag cash / bank PO. ibibigay lang nila pag in-house financing or mataas na dealer's incentive or avail yung insurance/premium tints sa kanila. the are taking too much advantage of the demand/hype. nakakafrustrate lalo na sa mga kagaya namin na nagpareserve(Ranger) last april after MIAS, then after months of waiting di rin pala ibibigay. basta kung san sila kikita ng malaki, dun nila ibibigay.
    The same happened with Toyota's Fortuner before. The agents we talked to were very arrogant. It was as if we were supposed to "beg" for a unit, apart from saying yes to: a. in-house financing, b. in-house insurance & c. in-house accessories. We walked away, of course, then went with a Nissan offering instead. The funny thing was, one of the agents we talked to was actually present when our unit was released because apparently, he was friends with our agent from Nissan. He couldn't even look at us. Not only did we get a better deal, we also got a much better ride. 👍

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    The article is wrong, AG4. According to the website of Ford Thailand, there is no TDCi engine available for the Thai market all new Focus. So it means that the whole ASEAN market will not be getting the TDCi engine for the all new Focus.
    That's probably the case, like the smaller Fiesta TDCi, looks like Ford is building TDCi Focus models in Thailand for export to some markets like Australia.

In Australia, the first Mk3 Focus models (LW) were sourced from Germany, then now they're switching to the Thai-built models (known their as the Focus LW MkII).
    Last edited by AG4; July 17th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    [img]http://kotse.com/home/images/stories...ocus_radio.jpg[/img]

[img]http://kotse.com/home/images/stories...ocus_gauge.jpg[/img]

hehe tindeh neto ah. multi-display monitor at ang daming buttons. ano na ba gagawin mo pag nag-drive butingtinin lahat to

this car is for the yuppies who has so much things to do like the ones who tinker with android.

pano kaya yan pag out of warranty na at nagkasira, yun nga instrument panel ng crv gen1, ko nahirapan na ako diy magpalit ng peanut bulbs, eto pa kaya lol

nerd car all over.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Parang ang onti ng features ng base tapos medyo mataas yung price

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Parang ang onti ng features ng base tapos medyo mataas yung price
    Yeah, its a bit higher than I expected, I was expecting it to start at less than P850K, the actual price for the base 1.6 Ambiente MT model is P859K, at least they gave it dual airbags.

I do wish they add a MT version for the Trend trim which has moved a bit more upmarket.
    Last edited by AG4; July 17th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    [img]http://kotse.com/home/images/stories...ocus_radio.jpg[/img]

[img]http://kotse.com/home/images/stories...ocus_gauge.jpg[/img]

hehe tindeh neto ah. multi-display monitor at ang daming buttons. ano na ba gagawin mo pag nag-drive butingtinin lahat to

this car is for the yuppies who has so much things to do like the ones who tinker with android.

pano kaya yan pag out of warranty na at nagkasira, yun nga instrument panel ng crv gen1, ko nahirapan na ako diy magpalit ng peanut bulbs, eto pa kaya lol

nerd car all over.
    Classic OB reply

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sure ba na September, available na 'to?

Is there a long waiting list for this? Suddenly had the urge to eschew the Sorento/Sportage for a Focus Sport+ instead. More features, cheaper, better handling. Of course, at the expense of space (compared to the Sorento) and ground clearance.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I have actually tried it out.

The Park Assist still lets you control of the brakes and accelerator. It merely guides you in steering in a proper manner by itself.
    As to the City Stop, the brakes are applied when running below of a speed of 30 KPH and when you are about to hit an object and have failed to hit the brakes, only then will it apply.

At first, I was skeptical and being a driver, I had to use the brakes instead of experience it. But on my second try, I really let go of the brakes and had to see how real it is...

Here is the actual footage of me trying out the features:Ford Focus Experience -> View #135 Jeffrey Pascual

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrqp30 View Post
    I have actually tried it out.

The Park Assist still lets you control of the brakes and accelerator. It merely guides you in steering in a proper manner by itself.
    As to the City Stop, the brakes are applied when running below of a speed of 30 KPH and when you are about to hit an object and have failed to hit the brakes, only then will it apply.

At first, I was skeptical and being a driver, I had to use the brakes instead of experience it. But on my second try, I really let go of the brakes and had to see how real it is...

Here is the actual footage of me trying out the features:Ford Focus Experience -> View #135 Jeffrey Pascual
    Aside from testing the "Active Park Assist" and "Active City Stop", is there a test drive included?

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Ford debuts all-new Focus; Comes with all the toys you'll ever want