New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Active stop is not a replacement for attentiveness. it cannot respond immediately to quickly moving objects, but it does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    With all due respect to Mr. Kho, the all-new Focus does NOT come with all the toys *I'll* ever want. Not while Ford continues to withold the TDCi variant from the Philippine market.
    :hysterical: Amen, bro.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Actually ecoboost lang ok na ko e.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    Actually ecoboost lang ok na ko e.
    Supposedly, the 1 liter Ecoboost will go into the gasoline Focus. No word on whether that one is coming here, but it would be sweet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd prefer a Focus without Active Park Assist or even Active Stop, but has a good HU that won't need to be replaced anymore, full power amenities, and of course, a diesel engine. I prefer to have the basics covered than to have fancy toys I won't even get to use in day-to-day operations.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ford should just concentrate on improving quality, durability. yun fancy toys will just be problems in the future. IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd prefer a Focus without Active Park Assist or even Active Stop, but has a good HU that won't need to be replaced anymore, full power amenities, and of course, a diesel engine. I prefer to have the basics covered than to have fancy toys I won't even get to use in day-to-day operations.
    Too bad the Ford Focus will only come with a gasoline engine. I prefer to have the start-stop engine feature when you press down on the brakes.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    find me a youtube video na ginamit eto park-assist technology sa congested cities of Paris, Florence and Rome, and I believe in it lol
    Who cares how it works in those cities? Problema na ng mga European yan. If Ford can make it work in the Ph, that's good enough for me.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    powershift ba cya?

OT: ung mga lumang ford focus na powershift, musta po reliability? after 5yrs???

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sher_winpig View Post
    powershift ba cya?

OT: ung mga lumang ford focus na powershift, musta po reliability? after 5yrs???
    All the new A/T Focus models now use a 6-speed PowerShift transmission (dual-clutch).

The Focus TDCi Powershift was launched here late 2008, so no 5 year old models yet.

PS: The Powershift of the TDCi uses a wet clutch system, the Powershift of the Petrol/gasoline model uses a dry clutch system.
    Wet clutches tend to lose some enrgy because of the lubricating liquid its submerged in, but it supposedly lasts longer than dry clutches.
    Last edited by AG4; July 11th, 2012 at 11:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For me, sulit na sulit yung top of the line 2012 Focus. At that price and with all the features, sobrang sulit niya. What more pa kaya if Ford ASEAN decides to manufacture the Focus TDCi? For me, it has the best value for money in its class ngayon.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Ford debuts all-new Focus; Comes with all the toys you'll ever want