New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I own a Ford Everest (07 4x2 A/T), and ALL of this car's maintenance are being done by Ford Cavite. I have no complaint about this car, until after the 50k PMS was done at the Ford Cavite where i bought the unit and where it is being regularly maintained. The O/D light blinked while driving in C-5, and after calling Ford Cavite, they arranged that i brought it Ford Edsa. I got a P033 code, and the solution that Ford Edsa recommended was to replace the shift solenoid. They replaced it but was not fixed, and they recommended to have the transmission overhauled for 200k. I have it towed to the Ford Cavite instead where i regularly maintain the vehicle. Btw, i paid 35k for the Ford Edsa for replacing the shift solenoid (which Ford Cavite now is contesting that the original shift solenoid was actually not damaged and is working okay)... To make the story short, the car is still in Ford Cavite for about 1-1/2 month (since December). FC did a lot of tests, and the last that i heard last week was that, they will eventually be overhauling the transmission.

Maybe another 2months of waiting?

I am just wondering... the reason why I have the regular PMS done at FC is to avoid any major problem such as this...

I just wanted to share this... or if you guys have any suggestions to resolve this...

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    awts ganito ba kamahal magpa overhaul?parang bumili tayo second hand car ah

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    diba dapat under warranty pa sya?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Our car is a machine, composed of hundreds of parts that WILL eventually break at some point. regular PMS is NOT a guarantee that our car or any part of it won't malfunction, it will however minimize the chance by having such "maintenance" regiment.

I have a '06 4x4 everest and had no major problem with it. 2 years lang sa CASA ang PMS and after that, dun ko na dinadala sa kilala kong shop and mechanics. mas kampante ako sa kanila kaysa sa CASA...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    Our car is a machine, composed of hundreds of parts that WILL eventually break at some point. regular PMS is NOT a guarantee that our car or any part of it won't malfunction, it will however minimize the chance by having such "maintenance" regiment.
    I have a '06 4x4 everest and had no major problem with it. 2 years lang sa CASA ang PMS and after that, dun ko na dinadala sa kilala kong shop and mechanics. mas kampante ako sa kanila kaysa sa CASA...
    Same here. Mas tiwala ako sa matagal ko ng mekaniko kesa CASA. My mechanic works for his own income and reputation. The mechanic works for the casa and for a fixed salary.

I am still undecided whether to follow the prescribed PMS or take care of it myself. I'm thinking of the warranty plus the insurance plus the conditions of the bank where we have our car loan.

By default, until I decide otherwise tuloy muna tung PMS sked ng CASA. We already had out 1K and going to the 5K PMS which are still free.

I hear kasi some talk about casa having inexperienced / trainee mechanincs working on the cars.

Ako mismo kung I have already gained much experience, mas gugustuhin ko na lang magsolo talyer. Kung gaano kayod, ganun din kalaki ang kita.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    normally, when performing service repairs, if the problem cannot be pinpointed, there are decisions that has to be made and procedures that has to be done.
    Problem isolation will involve replacing or exchanging part one at a time or group
    of parts at a time, until the problem is fixed. Or at a huge cost, replace the whole assembly one time, and later on isolate the problem on the bench.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    heres my share..not on automotive, but on service.

tried calling them for days regarding my insurance claims.. as in days.. tapos nakakuha ako ng cell number ng isang taga doon. and nalaman ko, naka leave pala ng 12 DAYS yung tao nila sa Claims. WTF dba? para akong gago na nagsayang ng pera kakatawag sa kanila ng ilang beses sa ilang araw.

Me: Calling.. mag inquire lang regarding claims..
    Operator/Minsan Tao: foforward sa number
    Sounds na nakakairita..
    Babalik sa operator.. dial the number chochoo
    Repeat N times..

Till now I dont know kung nabigay na nila sa Insurance Company or what.

Ford Casa - Poor Service?