New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    we bought a ford car last august, then last nov 2 returning from baguio to manila, said car overheated, twice. we brought it back to dealer and they cannot find the reason why, thus making them take engine apart. there is internal damage which they attribute to the overheating incident. now, they will only overhaul engine according to them even though i already told them that i do not want an overhauled engine. is it normal for a 2 month old car's engine to overheat??? and once over-hauled, the car's value will automatically depreciate lower than it's depreciation value, won't it? so, what can you guys suggest that i do? because someone from ford told me it is the only option. for a car worth almost 3 million and used for only 2 months with a reading of give or take 3000 km , should i accept it as the only option?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jen868 View Post
    we bought a ford car last august, then last nov 2 returning from baguio to manila, said car overheated, twice. we brought it back to dealer and they cannot find the reason why, thus making them take engine apart. there is internal damage which they attribute to the overheating incident. now, they will only overhaul engine according to them even though i already told them that i do not want an overhauled engine. is it normal for a 2 month old car's engine to overheat??? and once over-hauled, the car's value will automatically depreciate lower than it's depreciation value, won't it? so, what can you guys suggest that i do? because someone from ford told me it is the only option. for a car worth almost 3 million and used for only 2 months with a reading of give or take 3000 km , should i accept it as the only option?
    Pasok ka na dapat sa lemon law mam/sir, pero dapat itatry nila ayusin after 4 attempts. Kapag hindi, brand new unit or refund:

Just a moment...
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/88407383!.pdf
    Lemon Law to protect new Pinoy car owners | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbDriver View Post
    Pasok ka na dapat sa lemon law mam/sir, pero dapat itatry nila ayusin after 4 attempts. Kapag hindi, brand new unit or refund:

Just a moment...
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/88407383!.pdf
    Lemon Law to protect new Pinoy car owners | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

uhm so dapat pumayag na ako sa overhaul lang??? kaso di totally bumagsak ang value nung car..... ang lungkot naman pala. kasi gusto ko palitan nila engine dahil parang hindi normal na 2 months lang damaged na engine.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that engine is ruined! no one in his right mind should agree to overhaul! i paid for a brand new car, and i should get a brand new car! either they change the entire engine with a factory-fresh engine, or they replace the car with a new one.

that is, assuming the car did not overheat because you forgot to check the fluids and... but there's a lot of argument in this scenario.. let's not go there..

but why did it overheat in the first place? what was their explanation?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 4th, 2014 at 01:15 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I suggest try other ford dealers. I heard ford manila bay has a very good reputation. Ok daw sila kausap.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    dr. d car is brand new, it is give or take just 3000 km, was brought in for the required maintainance check when car hit 1k km.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    r-rodil car is from ford manila bay

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    that is why they took apart engine, because they cannot find the reason why it overheated. thus finding out the damage inside.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    that is why they took apart engine, because they cannot find the reason why it overheated. thus finding out the damage inside.
    I hope this is resolved the best way possible for you. I agree, don't settle with overhaul, demand a new engine or a totally new car.

Which car is this if you don't mind me asking?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Just as I committed myself very recently to saving up for a ford car, I came across stories like this. Very disappointing...and scary

Keep us posted jen. I hope we will hear a nice after sales story from you soon.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast