New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    um.....all the complaints make me think if i should get the ford focus or not.

Any advice guys?

Coz this will be my first ford purchase (in the philippines) if i push thru the purchase.

Thank you very much in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1668 View Post
    um.....all the complaints make me think if i should get the ford focus or not.

Any advice guys?

Coz this will be my first ford purchase (in the philippines) if i push thru the purchase.

Thank you very much in advance.
    The Focus is a good car, even the base trim is feature-packed for its price. The turbo engine and its firm chassis make it one fun to drive car. The good thing with the current Focus is it comes with a traditional AT tranny and not the jerky DCT tranny.

You can do the usual PMS at the casa on the first 2 years and then maintain the car by yourself (with help from non-casa service shops used by fellow Ford owners) following the schedule suggested by the manual.

If you have hesitations with Ford, you can always buy a different car - a Honda Civic perhaps or Toyota Altis or Nissan Sylphy or Mazda3.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Focus is a good car, even the base trim is feature-packed for its price. The turbo engine and its firm chassis make it one fun to drive car. The good thing with the current Focus is it comes with a traditional AT tranny and not the jerky DCT tranny.

You can do the usual PMS at the casa on the first 2 years and then maintain the car by yourself (with help from non-casa service shops used by fellow Ford owners) following the schedule suggested by the manual.

If you have hesitations with Ford, you can always buy a different car - a Honda Civic perhaps or Toyota Altis or Nissan Sylphy or Mazda3.
    Hi Egan,

Thanks again for advices.

I have already raised another question on the other thread (Ecosport) about the maintenance cost of the focus, or if anyone experienced any major issue about the focus?

Thank you very much for all the heads up man, really appreciate it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eidi Rm - I was contemplating on whether or not I should... | Facebook

Earlier today our 2year and 5month old Ford Ecosport had an unfortunate accident. By the grace of the Lord no other vehicle was involved and nobody was harmed, as the incident happened just in time when it was about to park. To quote the people who saw what happened to the vehicle, “hindi bubuhayin ang sakay” was what they had to say, should the incident happen while it was moving no matter how slow.

The ball joint of the vehicle snapped, tearing away from the body the right front tyre. I will attach the picture so you would have a better understanding.

Prior to this we had been complaining to our casa, which is Ford Edsa, of an unusual disturbing noise whenever we turn the wheel. Two scheduled preventive maintenance has been performed, and still the noise was there. We had raised concerns and fear that something as freak as the tyres separating from the body might happen while we are driving but we were assured that it is impossible since the problem was the shock absorber.

It was last August 1 when I had returned the Ecosport for another fix since I will be going out of town for a business trip to La Union and I fear for my safety. My service advisor then assured me it was completely safe and no such thing would happen. He also told me that he would then have the shocks replaced for approval since it is still under warranty and order it for replacement so they could fix it when i get back, even promised to call me once the parts arrive so i could bring the vehicle in. Almost 2 months had passed and i got no call whatsoever from them.

Just this monday, Sept 25, i had personally dropped by Ford Edsa to follow up on their commitment to have it repaired because we are already so bothered by the noise on the vehicle. To my dismay, it appears they have forgotten about my concern and worse, haven’t had it approved by warranty. It was only then when they had it processed and then had me informed that only the shock mount will be covered and not the shock absorber. I was given a quotation amounting to P35,000 and was told i could make a 50% downpayment so they could order in the parts. Still not convinced that their diagnosis was correct, i told them to proceed with the processing of the parts which was under warranty and then to call me once it arrives so I can bring it back. And then today happened.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Saang branch pinaka ok mag pa pms service?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    pasok na sa lemon law yan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ano exactly nangyari dyan? sa old cars ko lang nakikita iyong ganito usually

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ ano exactly nangyari dyan? sa old cars ko lang nakikita iyong ganito usually
    Meron din sa India brand new din na Ecosport

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Ganyan talaga Ford Ford After Sales Service Ford After Sales Service

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    Ganyan talaga Ford Ford After Sales Service Ford After Sales Service

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Wow.

35k for shocks?