New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i'm a medical student and my parents are planning to buy me a car. they want to acquire ford escape 2.3L XLS 4x2 A/T, maganda ba 'to? patulong mga bossing. salamat.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Great features and fast too. Though the V6 variant is the one that I have driven. The A/C is good enough to cool the cabin even without setting the a/c setting to the highest one. It has a responsive engine too.

I dunno about its maintenance though since it's my friends vehicle not mine. The escape is a gas guzzler though. :hysterical:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i assume you intend to buy it brand new.
    if FC is not an issue. ford escape is a good buy. better look for something else too...

nissan xtrail
    hyudai tucson (facelifted recently and its diesel)
    mazda tribute
    toyota rav4 (if comes within the budget range)
    honda crv
    kia sorento (facelift na ba to?)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i assume you intend to buy it brand new.
    if FC is not an issue. ford escape is a good buy. better look for something else too...

nissan xtrail
    hyudai tucson (facelifted recently and its diesel)
    mazda tribute
    toyota rav4 (if comes within the budget range)
    honda crv
    kia sorento (facelift na ba to?)
    ayaw nila ng hyundai kasi mababa raw resale value? hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Great features and fast too. Though the V6 variant is the one that I have driven. The A/C is good enough to cool the cabin even without setting the a/c setting to the highest one. It has a responsive engine too.

I dunno about its maintenance though since it's my friends vehicle not mine. The escape is a gas guzzler though. :hysterical:
    even the previous 2.0, not the 2.3, is fast too and "torquey" . but the a/c is average or lower for the previous gen, i hope ford improve it with this one.

maintenance is average, spare parts are easy to find but a little bit expensive than those for asian brands (toyota, nissan, mitsu).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_im View Post
    magagalit sayo mga hyundai lovers! nope, hyundai does not have low resale value. its average for now.

afaik, kia has a lower resale value than the hyundai.

imho, time will come, hyundai/mazda will pass honda/toyota. they are the one whose legs are all stretch out right now to no.1.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

^^mababa resale value?? eh di lalo na yung ford..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    magagalit sayo mga hyundai lovers! nope, hyundai does not have low resale value. its average for now.

afaik, kia has a lower resale value than the hyundai.

imho, time will come, hyundai/mazda will pass honda/toyota. they are the one whose legs are all stretch out right now to no.1.
    sorry po mga hyundai lovers, that's a question, hindi ko alam, sabi-sabi lang yun.

una kong choice talaga mazda 3 sedan kaso ayaw nila kasi mababa daw e bumabaha sa ust. hehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    ^^mababa resale value?? eh di lalo na yung ford..
    +1

sorry po mga hyundai lovers, that's a question, hindi ko alam, sabi-sabi lang yun.

una kong choice talaga mazda 3 sedan kaso ayaw nila kasi mababa daw e bumabaha sa ust. hehe
    even the escape cant pass through the rushing floods of dapitan, lacson and espana lalo pag malakas talaga. mababa kase ang makina ng escape afaik.

kung baha lang, montero sport(within price range, seats more, and a diesel engine) na lang then mount na lang the intake (scuba ba yun, nakalimutan ko tawag)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    kung baha lang, montero sport(within price range, seats more, and a diesel engine) na lang then mount na lang the intake (scuba ba yun, nakalimutan ko tawag)
    the Strada or a Ford Ranger is closer to the price range of an Escape than a Montero. in this case the Strada gets my vote. check out the Strada mods thread :drool:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ford 2.3L XLS 4x2 A/T ... worth-buying?