New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Been thinking of buying a car lately and I'm seeing a lot of ford 2.0L hatchback in the market (circa 2005 version)

Is this car good? Any one out there who can give me feedback? I viewed the focus thread -- http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26390 -- but it lacks info and seems to have suddenly stopped.

Please advice if this is still good value for money or if its just a potential headache.

If i dont buy this, i think ill just go buy something like a bnew nissan 1.3

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you would be buying someone else's headache if you push through getting the 2005 Focus 2.0L HB. Parts would be difficult and expensive.

I'd rather be more conservative and look into used cars by Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi. You'll thanks yourself in the long run when you do parts replacement and maintenance on it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I think it would make a great 2nd car. Tipong for fun project and not for everyday.

If the price is a steal then go for it!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ok, so far the choice is a) 2005 2.0 HB or b) 2006 1.8 sedan. Wonder which is better. btw: Same mileage and almost same price if the ads are to be believed

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebong0 View Post
    Ok, so far the choice is a) 2005 2.0 HB or b) 2006 1.8 sedan. Wonder which is better. btw: Same mileage and almost same price if the ads are to be believed
    A 2.0 L car worth pursuing in the 2nd car market is the manual Civic.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    id go for the sentra's cooling capacity

between the two na lang po ba pagpipilian nyo? kung ako lang yung bibili ill go for the hatch kahit na ba mas luma, kasi fave ko hehe pero no the 2.0 i think has the more power to carry this car. and sa pagkakaalam ko DATI, yang 2.0 yata is the higher end nung wala pa diesel variant so meaning madaming kasama hehehe. nga lang mukang expensive yan to own..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    I think it would make a great 2nd car. Tipong for fun project and not for everyday.

If the price is a steal then go for it!
    I wouldn't even consider the Ford Focus 2.0L as a project car unless you have a lot of funds to waste. It's simply too expensive with a majority of parts only available through the casa or costing near to casa prices.

*thread starter:
    If you want a 2.0L car, you might want to look at the Civic 2.0, Lancer 2.0 even Sentra 1.8L and Corolla 1.8L.

Mazda3 in the same boat as a Focus. Parts too expensive if something goes wrong.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ford, Mazda and Honda are cars expensive to maintain. The difference in prices of replacement parts are minimal for the 3 brands.

The Ford HB is a fun car to drive, but not really comfortable when you are the passenger. This is a car with the back seats almost useless for adults.

My friend just got a 2.0L HB for 450k, late 2005 model, first hand with low mileage. Gas mileage is terrible at 4-5km/liter. Now he opts to just leave the HB at home and drive his Mazda3. Buying the Ford was a waste of money.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebong0 View Post
    Check the condition of the car.
    The 2.0 Sport HB with its sporty black/dark gray interior looks better than the 1.8 sedan, but if you need a bigger trunk, go for the sedan.

One of the cars I drive is a lower spec Focus Trend sedan, impressive car.

jrebong0, there are many Focus owners at "Ford Club of the Philippines" they might be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz
    My friend just got a 2.0L HB for 450k, late 2005 model, first hand with low mileage. Gas mileage is terrible at 4-5km/liter.
    Thats the lowest FC figures I've heard so far, maybe that used Focus 2.0 wasn't well maintained by the previous owner...
    I've heard of other Focus 2.0 HB owners getting 6-7 km/L in city driving (depending on how heavy the traffic is), but as low 4 km/L? Thats a first, something might be wrong with that car.
    Last edited by AG4; February 17th, 2009 at 05:54 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i cant fit my self at the backseat of FOCUS HB.

grabe unless skinny ka and ka height ni gloria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford 2.0L is it worth it? (Seeking Feedback)