New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi guys, am a noob here and this is my very first post.

I'm currently in process of acquiring my very first ride, thinking of 1.8L MT Ford Focus. The exterior/interior for me is kinda cool, gwapo. Would just like to know what are the pros and cons of getting this car? Hope owners of this car and even those who've just driven it can give feedback.

Fuel Consumption? Safety? Handling?

This is supposed to be my very first car, so all the views and feedbacks you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tsikot rocks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sa sobrang gwapo nga ng japorms ng Focus naka-ka bading na

You made the right choice. This car uses the same platform with the new Volvo S40 and Mazda 3 so proven na talaga.

The just put in nice set of 18inch shoes and lower it a little and you've got one pimping ride. This car responds well with simple mods or add-ons.

Btw Join the club by registering at:

http://www.fordclubph.com/

A lot of your questions will be answered there plus a ton of information, tips, and great camaraderie from Ford lovers.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks bro. Sure, I'll definitely sign up once I become a certified Ford owner

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Focus 1.8 Trend looks nice, you just need to upgrade the standard 15 inch wheels.

I just wonder if Ford Philippines plans to launch the new reskinned "Kinetic Design" Focus here.

Off-topic: I saw a Focus sedan last year with the 16 inch 5-spoke wheels used by the 5-door Sport model (at least thats what it looked like), it really improves the look.
    Does Ford offer this as an option or as an accessory for the sedan variants?
    Last edited by AG4; May 1st, 2008 at 08:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Safety - terrific. It's one of the best bodies out there.
    Comfort - also up there.
    Handling - top-notch. The Focus is still the best handling compact car on the market, even better than the Mazda3 and the newer Honda Civic.

Fuel economy - errh... it's a 1.8, don't expect miracles. With the MT, you should see about 8 km/l in traffic, but not much more, and often less. It should be much better on the highway.

A good car, nonetheless. If you buy one, join us at the ford club and we'll teach you interesting ways to waste your money on it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks mga bossing to all your replies. Still haggling for a good deal, will let you know once the deal is done.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Can anyone help me find a Black colour-finished sorround mesh radiator grill for the 1.8 trend 2008 sedan??? parang ayoko yung chrome finish sorround mesh. thanks thanks... magkano kaya damage pag pinalitan ko and where? tried asking ford alabang parang bago lang sa kanila yung idea na palitan yung radiator grill, kaka inis!!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Bro, nakakuha ka na ba ng focus 1.8l m/t trend? Lumabas na kasi ung bago, "kinetic design".

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I recently bought a 2009 Focus Trend 1.8L MT.

Travelled 400kms from Lipa Batangas to Guinobatan Albay.
    Achieved 15KM/L highway cruising speed (70-80KPH).
    8 to 12KM/L achievable on city driving, depending on city conditions.

Gas pedal is electronic, not with cable,
    sensitivity of gas delayed for about 0.5 secs.
    Makes first gear run a little harder,
    especially on hanging scenarios.
    I was wondering and searching if this can be adjusted.
    casa people said not possible.
    Fifth gear 2000rpm running only at 70Kph.

My electric side mirror controller is defective.
    Pressing left-right buttons move the mirrors up-down.
    pressing up-down moves left-right.
    Checked a unit on display.
    Central locking doesn't lock the back doors.
    Ive heard most ford buyers often return to shop
    to have their vehicles checked for defects.

ciao.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The throttle thing is difficult to answer... the best solution available right now is the "Sprint-Booster" (some performance shops sell this) which tricks the ECU into thinking you're pressing harder than you really are. But as far as I know, there's no locally available unit for the Focus, and it's 12k for the unit.

As for defects, you can check into http://forum.fordclubph.com and consult with other owners about their experiences.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Focus Trend 1.8L M/T?