New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Guys,

My Focus TDCi is back to the CASA for the third time because of engine loss of power/stalling and black smoke being emitted from the exhaust.

This is the 3rd time this has happened.

First was at 15,000 km. They replaced the air filter. Ok afterwards.

Second was at 36,000 km. They replaced the fuel filter and air filter. Ok afterwards.

Now at 40,000 km, it has happened again. Wala pang results kung ano problem this time.

Anybody who has experienced the same problem?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Are you member at FCP? Try asking around there too.
    There are other Focus TDCi owners there.

Can you give the model year of your Focus TDCi, just in case someone else knows of this issue.
    Last edited by AG4; September 14th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Are you member at FCP? Try asking around there too.
    There are other Focus TDCi owners there.

Can you give the model year of your Focus TDCi, just in case someone else knows of this issue.
    Its a 2009 model.

Im not a member of FCP. Hirap magbasa sa forum nila eh

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    Guys,

My Focus TDCi is back to the CASA for the third time because of engine loss of power/stalling and black smoke being emitted from the exhaust.

This is the 3rd time this has happened.

First was at 15,000 km. They replaced the air filter. Ok afterwards.

Second was at 36,000 km. They replaced the fuel filter and air filter. Ok afterwards.

Now at 40,000 km, it has happened again. Wala pang results kung ano problem this time.

Anybody who has experienced the same problem?

Thanks
    Do you always go to the same gas station? What fuel do you load up with?

How dirty was your air filter when they replaced it? Didn't they run any diagnostics on the car?

And what casa are you going to?

If replacing the fuel filter makes the problem go away... then you're buying crappy diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Do you always go to the same gas station? What fuel do you load up with?

How dirty was your air filter when they replaced it? Didn't they run any diagnostics on the car?

And what casa are you going to?

If replacing the fuel filter makes the problem go away... then you're buying crappy diesel.
    Hi Niky,

We always get our diesel from Petron.

The car is always brought to Ford Alabang. The last time the air filter was changed, it was damaged. I think the stock air filter cannot handle the turbo of the Focus.

The diagnostics at 36,000 km said the fuel filter and the air filter thus they were replaced. Until now no results from Ford Alabang yet about the recent problem.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi Niky,

We always get our diesel from Petron.

The car is always brought to Ford Alabang. The last time the air filter was changed, it was damaged. I think the stock air filter cannot handle the turbo of the Focus.

The diagnostics at 36,000 km said the fuel filter and the air filter thus they were replaced. Until now no results from Ford Alabang yet about the recent problem.
    Lots of guys (including me) are running the stock air filter and pump with absolutely no problems.

If the air filter was damaged, and had to be replaced twice, then there is something damaging your air filter. Which means some sort of pressure problem in the intake system... which... coupled with the black smoke... means that your EGR is probably mucked up. If they come to the conclusion that they have to change the filter again, ask them to check the EGR system. I'm surprised they haven't, as this is the first thing to suspect if a unit is belching black smoke.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Lots of guys (including me) are running the stock air filter and pump with absolutely no problems.

If the air filter was damaged, and had to be replaced twice, then there is something damaging your air filter. Which means some sort of pressure problem in the intake system... which... coupled with the black smoke... means that your EGR is probably mucked up. If they come to the conclusion that they have to change the filter again, ask them to check the EGR system. I'm surprised they haven't, as this is the first thing to suspect if a unit is belching black smoke.
    As per Ford Alabang, they will replace a tube in the turbo. Butas daw. Dont know which part of the turbo though. It's under warranty naman.

Thanks for the input. Hopefully, na solve na talaga yung problem.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hopefully ma-resolve na sana yan sir.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As per Ford Alabang, they will replace a tube in the turbo. Butas daw. Dont know which part of the turbo though. It's under warranty naman.

Thanks for the input. Hopefully, na solve na talaga yung problem.
    Which tube? Other ford club members will be interested to hear about this.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Finally got the car back.

It was the hose of the Intercooler

Hopefully, di na maulit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Focus TDCi Engine Stalling