New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pagkaalam ko pag covered ng warranty, mabilis ipalit ng Ford e at may insurance na nagcocover sa mga claims na ganyan.
    Last edited by Zeus; December 13th, 2006 at 10:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:
    Sir Otep tanong ko lang yung pajero ba natin safe ba sa baha?gaano kalalim yung pwede nating lusungin?May snorkel ba para sa Pajero?
    Nasa gilid po ng right headlamp ang intake ng Pajero. I've survived a headlamp deep crossing. Standing water, slow crossing speed. Of course, Mitsubishi does not recommend you do this on a daily basis. They also don't recommend doing this:

[photo of me in Pampanga captured by ECG]
    But the Pajero can handle it in stride. A snorkel is available but I don't have a snorkel on my rig.

P.S. Bakita kaya hindi niya i-post ang mga problema (e.g. cracked radiator) ng kanyang "favorite" manufacturer?
    Pareho pala tayo ng naisip. hehehehe. Pati na din falling tailpipe sana.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Matagal ko nang gusto kaso wala akong oras at limited yung time ko sa tuwing umuwi ako dyan.But anyway maghahanap ako at medyo matagal tagal ang stay ko ngayong december dyan.maybe sa pagpapakabit ko ng alarm.nageenjoy pa naman ako lumusong sa baha.
    kawawa naman yang escape na napuruhan...well good luck to him na lang sa pakikipag nego nya sa casa.
    I know that mitsubishi engine is reliable,and Im happy to have FM rather than trooper.muntik na ako bumili nun but my friend stopped me.I think you're heard about paulchua's case in Trooper thread. Thank you sir...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i think its not the car that is flawed .. the driver of the car and flawed

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dapat kasi magbasa sila ng car's manual sama na pati si Butch. Di talaga tatanggapin ng warranty yan, recommended level lang nila hanggang sa hubs lang ng gulong. Sa experience ko.. ilang beses na ko dumaan sa lumulubog na part sa village namin sandaling malakas na ulan lang mataas na tubig. Lagpas na na gulong ko or abot na sa fender, nagbaba pa ako ng salamin para makita ko pero di pa ko nagkaroon ng problema. Un nga lang may makikita kang umuusok sa harapan ng sasakyan afterwards..hehe Naluto na ung tubig.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not always as simple as: "hey, that guy did it, let's do it, too!"

The Escape was definitely hydrolocked. The only thing that could've punched a hole in the engine block is the connecting rod as it came loose frm the piston as some dolt tried to start the car with water in the engine. Hey, I did that myself when I was younger... silly me, in bumper deep water, I forgot that I was driving our EFI SEntra (air intake at headlight) instead of our carburated Sentra (air intake on top of engine).

And there's the rub. Even if the general water level is below your air filter, a bow wave from a passing truck or a dip in the road can momentarily put your intake tube under water, resulting in hydrolock, even if the guy in front of you managed to get through.

*sigh* another "faulty" Ford/Mazda issue caused by lack of knowledge on the part of the owner? (previously: faulty airbags... , what's wrong with my Focus? (hydrolocked, too), "lemon" Everest... ("rides like a jeepney!") I thought we were all a bit smarter than that!

How come the real Ford problems never show up in the news? Like melting Escape tail-lights, or the loose screw that bent a valve on my clubmate's car? (Thankfully, that's a rare occurence, but it's a recall item in the US).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Kayo naman parang hindi na kayo sanay sa media. That's a classic "Attack and Collect" tactic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Sinabi pang "trabaho lang, walang personalan".

P.S. Bakita kaya hindi niya i-post ang mga problema (e.g. cracked radiator) ng kanyang "favorite" manufacturer?
    oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh... :groupwave:

Mabuhay ang SPMJ!!! (paging Carlocaraddict...):hysterical:

Honestly, it's not a very constructive article... just because one guy made it it doesnt necessarily mean all would even if they had the same car. There are too many factors involved (speed, driver style, even the waves brought about by another car, etc...). Besides, flood damage/hydrolock should not be warrantable...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Does Hydrolocking happen only to petrol engines or it does happen to diesels too?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Does Hydrolocking happen only to petrol engines or it does happen to diesels too?
    It happens to any vehicle when the intake tube goes underwater, gas or diesel. Diesel ironblocks might be somewhat stiffer than gas blocks, but nothing can survive a hydrolock.

It doesn't happen often to diesels here because most of our diesels are trucks, and the intakes are higher off the ground.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
A "flawed" Ford Escape (from Ray Butch Gamboa, SPMJ)[merged]