New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi guys!

Although posted here in the Fiesta threads, I seek the opinion of our motoring veterans. This is my first brand new car and I have no comparison but my old reliable City 2002.

The engine coolant level seems to fall too quickly. From the "full" level, it has already gone down to the midpoint (the seam of the reservoir) twice in the 9 months since we got it in Dec 17, 2010. Considering that the reservoir is large, I estimate the volume it went down to be the same as the whole volume of my reservoir in my City.

My questions are:

Are you observing the same thing in your Fiesta?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes same here... Pero sabi sakin ng taga dealer ok lang yan basta wag bumagsak below the LOW. Its within the threshold naman so they say... Could it be kasi walang radiator cap yung Fiesta kaya ganun? Its possible the coolant is still circulating in the system?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you open the reservoir cap when the engine is hot, there is a possibility of losing some coolant. pressurized system kasi ang cooling system. pero pag hindi mo naman binuksan, and konti lang loss in a span of 9 months, i guess acceptable naman. add distilled water nalang muna ang try to check again.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't add distilled alone. Changes the coolant:water balance... best to find out what coolant is used and buy that pre-mixed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't add distilled alone. Changes the coolant:water balance... best to find out what coolant is used and buy that pre-mixed.
    Problem is the coolant is factory spec, its PINK. The dealer only sells the color GREEN coolant.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Problem is the coolant is factory spec, its PINK. The dealer only sells the color GREEN coolant.

purchase pink antifreeze from toyota, the original is pink ethylene glycol if you worry about the color

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why doesn't Ford stock up on the proper coolant? And why are they using the pink stuff when they use the green stuff on all their other cars?

If you're losing slowly (say, it goes down halfway between oil changes), I wouldn't consider it a big deal. Could just be the heat and traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Lahat ba ng toyota branch mayroon?

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    purchase pink antifreeze from toyota, the original is pink ethylene glycol if you worry about the color

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why doesn't Ford stock up on the proper coolant? And why are they using the pink stuff when they use the green stuff on all their other cars?

If you're losing slowly (say, it goes down halfway between oil changes), I wouldn't consider it a big deal. Could just be the heat and traffic.
    No idea. Yung PINK coolant is from the Thailand factory pa... Yung mga local dealers GREEN yung binebenta nila... Pero sakin mabilis lang bumagsak to half way pero once nandyan na it stays there na. Even past oil changes...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bakit yung color ng coolant ko is orange and not pink... I asked FORD QA kung how much ang coolant.. its 5K for 4 liters.. ang mahal... any alternative?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fiesta engine coolant level falls too quickly