New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I mean in terms of ownership I am sure ganun pa rin. FGP still owns Mazda and has the rights to distribute it here...

However I notice simula etong 2011 Ford and Mazda has never been more "separated" than ever before. Dati laging sabay yan eh ngayon parang medyo may independence na sila sa isa't isa...

What made me think that way you ask. Several observations...

Let's start with the just concluded MIAS 2 weeks ago... Yung Ford brand napaka-bonga ng setup nila. They occupied the whole left side of the show and was full force in their line-up. While Mazda naman was only represented by a dealer (Mazda Greenhills) and only showed two cars (Mazda 2 and CX-7) in a more secluded area of the show along with the accessory sellers...

The FGP officers din. Para kasing may sarili ng MARKETING MANAGER ang Mazda (Glenn Dasig) na meron na ring sariling discretion (itong present MIYO Mazda nila I think came from him and his team) dati sino man marketing person ng Ford sya na rin sa Mazda (which is Steven Tan pero nasa Ford pa rin sya).

Also I noticed FGP is CLOSING down their Facebook page this month. And they have asked their fans to switch their likes to the new "FORD PHILIPPINES" Facebook page. Yep notice the lack of the word "GROUP"? On a side note, wasn't it possible for them to just rename their old Facebook page para di na lilipat pa?

SALES AGENTS: There are several companies who operate Ford and Mazda dealers. I know the one in Greenhills (Ford EDSA, Mazda Greenhills and Ford Conneticut) are owned by one company. Same with Ford Quezon Avenue and Mazda Quezon Avenue. Dati kasi sometimes they cross sell and believe it or not before I saw some Ford SA's this week nasa Ford tapos next week nasa Mazda na. Pero ngayon kung sa Ford ka sa Ford ka na or kung sa Mazda ka sa Mazda ka na. Even if they are employees of the same company who operate dealers of the same brand.

PRODUCT LINEUPS: Dati a lot of Mazda products are esentially just clone of Ford products or sometimes the other way around. Pero now talagang the products are getting more independent and more independent of each other.

BRAND TIEUPS: Remember before may mga sticker ang mga new Ford and Mazda cars with ROAD SAFETY Our lives depend on it thinggy? Tapos may logo ng Ford and Mazda? Ngayon wala na... Tapos dati joint marketing sila na if you buy either vehicle from both brands and you can prove you have a baby they will give you like a child booster seat for free for every car purchase... Ngayon wala na...

On a global scale we know Ford now owns a very very small portion of Mazda as they have sold a huge chunk of it to several Japanese banks. Pero is the separation here in the Philippines also tied to the bigger global picture for both brands?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Baka sa Marketing strategy magkaiba na sila. Pero pag nag distribute sila ng monthly figures sa CAMPI, nakalagay pa rin is FOMOCO and Mazda.

FGP operationally separating Ford and Mazda brand?