New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Guys, tanong ko lang reliability, engine performance & fuel consumption. I'm planning to consider a gasoline suv instead of buying brand new diesel fed. Your thoughts is highly appreciated. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Unless you don't worry about gasoline cost and it's consumption, go for it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ford explorers are built-tough, if you hang out sa Ford Explorer forums sa America.

Learn, learn, learn from them, para maging Banawe-serviceable ang Explorer mo. The only way to survive owning a big Ford is you have to know it by heart

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Buy it. Like it, get it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My main concern is its reliability as well as parts sourcing locally..I'm not comfortable dealing with the dealership..so kung puwede ma avoid and have it serviced in a third party shop..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Parts will always be from dealership as Banawe seldom carries parts for this car.

In my case, nasira ang TPMS ko and i dont know which one of the four sensors, so i left it with lwarning lights on ever since. The TPMS sensor in casa costs about 12k per wheel.

Eh sanay naman ako ma-feel ang tire pressure ng cars ko so I dont bother with the sensors.

My Abs lights occassionally turns on if I am hataw sa car. Pero pag restart wala na. Maybe loose wiring or some sort. If sa casa ko pina-quote ito malamang papalitan nila ang abs ko

Ford casa creates new problems for cars like these kasi akala nila mayaman ka, wverytime, kami nagpapaservice, may na-solve pero may bagong lalabas. These are Ford c5 and Edsa btw. Kaya nga naaawa na lang ako sa mga bibili ng mga Ford everest ngaun

But when I got involved sa american forums, and they give tips on how to repair. Yun lang instruct ko sa mechanic ko. So naging casa independent ako

This is one of my cheapest to maintain car coz I learned so much about American cars.

----

If you are thinking of buying this car for daily. i suggest find another car.

If howeverm you are gonna use it for represenation like hiotel, golf club meets and show-off to close a deal, then it's up to you to weight it na lang

These car is hand me down for me, so i didnt spend a single peso owning it, maybe, that's why I had time lesrning it, Mga 1-2 years din ako hang-out sa American Forums. Though, now im also familiar with same body cadillacs, chevys, lincolns.

Ang ok kasi sa boxy body ng American cars like these, it's universal and it displays power talaga. have you watcned the movie Entourage, grabe that's a good power potrayal

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the insights..