New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi,

i'm planning to venture into a project. Since malakas sa gas yung expedition, i'm thinking of changing the engine into a diesel powered one. Has anyone tried this? Appreciate your infos.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jabotsky View Post
    Hi,

i'm planning to venture into a project. Since malakas sa gas yung expedition, i'm thinking of changing the engine into a diesel powered one. Has anyone tried this? Appreciate your infos.

Thanks.
    I'd prefer to keep the gas engine then convert it to run on LPG.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    merong nagawa nyan sa sulit. parang 75k ang singil nila. they swap it with a toyota or isuzu diesel engine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i had seen one here in davao. the owner used kia JT 3.0 for the transplant. ok naman daw ang performance, power and economy. i told him, if i had my way, i would go for 4d32 mitsu engine. the power plant of mitsu canter.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Makina ng Alterra o makina ng truck?

Parang masyadong delikado for an Expedition. Maraming risk talaga eh, it's not as simple as swapping in a B16 on a Civic.

LPG nalang or just sell the ride

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah they have done this... no problem on the engine transplant however how about the abs and other electrical sensors... such as ebd and the likes... balik old school ka

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was looking at 2nd hand f150 pick ups at $ulit a while ago (alternate buy instead of a brand new ranger wildtrak) and i saw an add for engine replacement service for expedition, e150, etc. Price adverised was 85k labor only. What's your donor engine, v8 lc200?

Kung ako benta na lang expedition then bili ng diesel suv. Wala ka pa sakit ng ulo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Had seen it done before yung nagpapacar wash ako. The person bought a flooded expedition for 80k (not running). Replaced the whole thing with diesel. His electrician rechipped the ecu to make everything work. Total damage 250k for the conversion and almost a month daw tinapos kasi trial and error sa check engine.

When I asked the guy why bother with the conversion... He said iba pa rin daw riding comfort ng expedition from other 2nd hand diesel suv within the 500k mark.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Had seen it done before yung nagpapacar wash ako. The person bought a flooded expedition for 80k (not running). Replaced the whole thing with diesel. His electrician rechipped the ecu to make everything work. Total damage 250k for the conversion and almost a month daw tinapos kasi trial and error sa check engine.

When I asked the guy why bother with the conversion... He said iba pa rin daw riding comfort ng expedition from other 2nd hand diesel suv within the 500k mark.
    What is the need for the ecu kung pinalitan ng ibang engine? And you cannot reprogram that one easily, yung parameters na acceptable ng ecu ay para sa ford, not sa ibang engine.

Ang ginawa dyan ay ni-abandon yung ecu and disable the other electronic capabilities of the car.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    A/t tranny, srs, abs, etc. Hindi tutugma sa program kaya daw electrician na ang gumalaw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Expedition with a Diesel Engine (Replacement)