New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Where do expedition owners go to have their vehicle aircon serviced, cleaned, repaired, etc?

Aside from casa, which shop offers competent service for the expedition?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you've seen the other threads, I think the shop of Mang Mario can handle that. I've seen them work on Benzes, Bimmers, and a Grand Cherokee before.

Most reputable A/C shops should be able to handle that as well as the Expe is pretty popular.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Denso can handle that. One of the guys at Denso ATC Motortown mentioned something to me about Expe A/C repair.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kool King or Kool Care, meron sila specially kung evaporator ang sira, kasi yung evaporator sa Kasa, manipis at madaling masira, yun sa kanila mas makapal at bagay sa Pinas weather. Find it in the Yellow Pages under Auto airconditioning.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mang mario.. panigurado yan.. kaya nga alfa romeo ko expe pa :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing special naman ang a/c ng Expedition. Any competent shop can work on it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    On the contrary matrabaho ang Expedition. Kalas dashboard yan. Pag di maingat ang magkalas, gasgas todo ang pintura ng dashboard. Expe dashboards have a black base plastic and painted depending on interior colors. Plus you need a special tool to disconnect the pipings. Meron ako kakilala nabutas ang side panel ng door kasi pagsara ng door habang service tinamaan yung bakal ng dashboard.

Yes sa Denso Makati and Alabang can do Expeditions. Mura pa ang compressor di hamak sa casa kung comp ang problem. They do their own sourcing of parts abroad.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A lot of vehicles require just as much labor as Expeditions (tanggal dashboards). Vehicles like BMW's, Volvos, Benzes, Kia Pregios, Toyota Revos, etc. Kailangan lang maingat sa disassembly. Otherwise, the system is pretty straighforward.

As with modern vehicles, there is a 'special tool' for everything. But it is not really necessary. I have yet to go to a shop that uses the 'special tool' for forcing brake pistons into the calipers or that 'special tool' for taking down the door panel. Local adaptations of such 'special tools' can always be made by the shops ghetto-style.

As I said in my post, any 'competent' shop can work on it. We have an Expedition and the shop I go to is competent enough for the job (and will work for peanuts).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    OTEP

Pwede kaya malaman shop where you take the expy for aircon service?

I asked around dito sa timog, qc.
    Genaire is charging 5,000 for cleaning front and back.
    It is same rate as what Ford Balintawak is charging.
    I have not yet checked denso. Maybe this weekend.

My aircon is still working. I am just looking at preventive maintenance.
    Lately, I have noticed a hissing sound coming from the rear evaporator. Normally, that would mean a leak in the system, possibly the evaporator. A technician from Ford however said it could be just a loose fitting somewhere in the rear area. I hope its not the evaporator which costs 20,000 sa casa. No idea how much sa iba shops outside.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A hissing sound is still normal as long as you are not losing performance. Just observe it.

Kay Mang Mario ako nagpapagawa. But he has yet to see our Exped. Expeds and Suburbans ng ibang customers ang nakikita ko doon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
expedition aircon: where to go for service