New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm not sure if this is the right spot to put this...

but is there somebody out there who owns / drives on a regular basis BOTH Ford Everest (current gen) and the Mitsubishi Montero Sport (also current gen)?

I was hoping to get a good comparo between the two from the point of view of someone who owns or drives regularly these 2 vehicles...

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi wowiesy, I dont own any of those vehicles but i want to share what i have gathered about these vehicles. Both uses the crdi system. Space wise, I think the everest is much bigger in size. If you're into fuel efficiency consider the everest. The montero sport (2.5 gls) uses the old L300 engine (4d56) with its innovation of the crdi system + turbo, based on these specs, the fuel consumption will hit a 6 km/li which would make it very thirsty for diesel. The ride of both are basically the same since both derived from their pick up model. I am pretty sure about its fuel comsumption because i own a mitsubishi space gear diesel engine which is also found in the montero sport. Hope this help.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dons23 View Post
    Hi wowiesy, I dont own any of those vehicles but i want to share what i have gathered about these vehicles. Both uses the crdi system. Space wise, I think the everest is much bigger in size. If you're into fuel efficiency consider the everest. The montero sport (2.5 gls) uses the old L300 engine (4d56) with its innovation of the crdi system + turbo, based on these specs, the fuel consumption will hit a 6 km/li which would make it very thirsty for diesel. The ride of both are basically the same since both derived from their pick up model. I am pretty sure about its fuel comsumption because i own a mitsubishi space gear diesel engine which is also found in the montero sport. Hope this help.
    Sir I have to disagree with you about the montero's fuel efficiency. I reckon it averages around 8.5 km/l on city driving conditions with the 2.5 engine. Just check the ms thread. The Everest gets around the same more or less. But you're right about the everest having a bigger interior than the montero, the ms is a bit cramped on the inside.

Everest and Montero owners... comparo