New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Are you the guys testing the ponies at Filinvest Alabang (closed road beside Manongs) lately?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yupyup. But only JP and his boys got to drive it. Sad, but I agree. The closed course is too tight and the car is too fast for inexperienced drivers.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    just saw this midnight zooming along q.ave a mustang with ford dealer plates. nice brake lamps :D at ang GANDA NG TUNOG.

not sure about the color, gabi na kasi and i think sports racing stripes, di ko sure malayo na. Does ford offer the stripes din sa ibang models?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    EDIT: Thanks, amending this... I'll double check the article later. Based mine off the PR sheets lang, eh.

Pricing is as follows:

Mustang V6 - 2,499,000

Specs (may change by the time deliveries start, but this is what they showed):
    - Cream interior leather (or leatherette, they didn't give us seat time)
    - 17" wheels with big-ass tires. looked like 215/65R17 or 235/65R17. Touring-spec tires.
    - Regular brakes
    - 3.7 liter V6 with 305 hp
    - SelectShift Automatic, 6 speed
    - Final drive ratio not specified
    - No grille-mounted fog lamps
    - MyFordTouch (supposedly)

Mustang V8 GT - 2,899,000

Specs (may change by time sale starts)
    - Black interior full leather
    - GT body kit, including grille-mounted fog lamps (tasty)
    - 19" wheels with high performance tires (not familiar with the model, but they're very, very good)
    - Brembo brakes (looked like 14" discs)
    - 5.0 Coyote V8 - 420 hp on premium fuel
    - 6 speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
    - Final Drive ratio not specified
    - Pony Projector Parking Courtesy light (say that five times fast)
    - MyFordTouch
    - Track Apps (drag racing app. Don't know if it does circuit timing, too. Didn't get a chance to play with it)
    - Great engine note. GROAWRRRR.

-----

Given all the extras, seems like Ford is anticipating 99% of its customers to go for the V8.

They didn't let us go in the V6. Perhaps Tuason Racing tested it and deemed it not suitable for the tight, high speed run. The front brakes actually looked scored. The V8 GTs, on the other hand, did it all with no problem. The grilles were radiating a fierce amount of heat, but even though we rode in them near the end of the day, there was no hesitation in the shifting or power and the brakes did their job painfully well, without squealing or screeching.

I'd say the V8 GT, given what I saw it do, should be as fast around a track as an EVO X (faster if the track is a high speed one). But remember, we're getting autos... with that weird push-button SelectShift instead of more useful paddles or a +/- stick. Still... even with the auto, it's better than an automatic STI and nearly as good as a dual-clutch EVO. More power. More useable torque. A bit more nose-heavy with the V8, but it seems to handle just as well. And again... the ride is pretty good given the performance. Maybe the live-axle will feel worse over mid-corner bumps, but going in a straight line over crappy local roads, no problem.

Only real gripe with the Mustang is the back seat. Parang 911. Only useful for short trips, and you have to scoot far forward in the front seat to make them comfortable.
    the v8 gt is supposed to be an m3 killer and i heard it was true based from sports car enthusiast in the states. but i think we're only getting the regular v8 and not the v8 gt?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    the v8 gt is supposed to be an m3 killer and i heard it was true based from sports car enthusiast in the states. but i think we're only getting the regular v8 and not the v8 gt?
    There is no such thing as a V8 Mustang lower than a 420hp GT, and we are getting the high-spec Premium trim.

PS: The real full-blown M3 killer is the Mustang GT-based 444hp Boss 302.
    Last edited by AG4; July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    There is no such thing as a V8 Mustang lower than a 420hp GT, and we are getting the high-spec Premium trim.

PS: The real full-blown M3 killer is the Mustang GT-based 444hp Boss 302.
    ah i see, sorry got confused. i haven't driven the boss 302 but i've driven the v8 and the v6. the v6 just plain sucks and build quality was terrible but the v8 has a bit better build quality but the performance makes up for it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *EQAddict: Us mere mortals can mortgage our houses...

-

Yup. The Boss is the M3 killer. The regular GT just lacks that little bit of grip and front-end bite to really take out an M3 comprehensively, but it has more torque and doesn't lag far behind in other areas. A good driver in a V8 GT might be able to beat a lesser on in an M3... particularly as the M3 is likely twitchier and more sensitive.

The fun will start when people start to track the GT against the EVO and STI here... the GT should have the advantage, but again... all automatics. So it could be close.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the v6 just plain sucks and build quality was terrible but the v8 has a bit better build quality but the performance makes up for it.
    Did you drive the 2013 model or at least the 2009+ models the current ones are based on?
    I believe both V6 and V8 models received the same interior styling/material upgrades.
    Last edited by AG4; July 25th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Did you drive the 2013 model or at least the 2009+ models the current ones are based on?
    I believe both V6 and V8 models received the same interior styling/material upgrades.
    i drove the 2012 model, for the v6 i didn't drive the top of the line variant so i guess that's why the quality wasn't that great.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i drove the 2012 model, for the v6 i didn't drive the top of the line variant so i guess that's why the quality wasn't that great.
    MT or AT? How was the torque? Given it's similar to the 3.5 in the Explorer, I wonder if it has the same lack of low-end...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast